£24,000 for an Airhead G/S

I'd rather invest in an old sweater. I believe they're bringing good money these days.:)

That's a nice Cardy, do you wear it sitting in your rocking chair strumming your guitar pretending to be Val Doonican?

Not sure I get what you are saying?
Ok it’s not a pd,
But it’s a nice duncle blue G/S that’s had a full restoration,at least you could happily ride this one without blowing £10k in depreciation.

Don't worry Nutty is a delusional Orange Squeezer and sometimes too much vitamin C makes him grumpy

Not sure I get what you are saying?
Ok it’s not a pd,
But it’s a nice duncle blue G/S that’s had a full restoration,at least you could happily ride this one without blowing £10k in depreciation.

I’m pulling your leg ;)

That’s correct. But it’s only worth that because it’s perceived as an investment. It’s real worth is nothing like that. The “investor” is going to find that out sooner or later. JJH
How is the 'real worth' determined other than by a transaction between buyer and seller.

The value of investments can go up or down. They're worth what they're worth at a particular time.

How is the 'real worth' determined other than by a transaction between buyer and seller.

The value of investments can go up or down. They're worth what they're worth at a particular time.
A better analogy than Bounty bars (choc OR plain, perish the thought) is wine. People will pay 10s of thousands for a bottle of plonk which is in all probability undrinkable...but its worth to a collector is based on what someone's prepared to pay. Same with the GS. What are the chances that someone's even going to use a £26k GS?

That's a nice Cardy, do you wear it sitting in your rocking chair strumming your guitar pretending to be Val Doonican?

Indeed, and a polar neck sweater to complete the look.:D

It was acually sold yesterday at auction for £260,000, cig burns and all.
It once belonged to Kurt Cobain.

You can use that argument with gold. Up or down in price it will always be gold. The bike will not always be a bike. It’s going to deteriorate and cost money to keep in good condition. JJH

You can use that argument with gold. Up or down in price it will always be gold. The bike will not always be a bike. It’s going to deteriorate and cost money to keep in good condition. JJH

Possibly not if you don’t use it, but then it becomes like the undrinkable wine.

When you look around at what has become ‘investible’ you could almost convince yourself that a R80G/S PD is not a bad investment at only £24k - ‘specially if some virtual unknown’s scruffy woolly can fetch such silly money.

Possibly not if you don’t use it, but then it becomes like the undrinkable wine.

When you look around at what has become ‘investible’ you could almost convince yourself that a R80G/S PD is not a bad investment at only £24k - ‘specially if some virtual unknown’s scruffy woolly can fetch such silly money.

The worlds gone mad. The point I was trying to make is that some time in the future the bike will become unusable due to a combination of factors. The internal combustion engine will be made redundant and fuel will become increasingly harder to get. At best it will become a museum piece fighting for space with all the other investment pieces. Legislated off the road because there will be no room for a vechicle that is not connected to the vast network that will control traffic flow. It’s coming and sooner than I’d like. I wish it wasn’t. JJH

I’m no expert.. but, it costs £10 to place a classified Ad on eBay.. it’s the biggest buying and selling platform worldwide.. with BaMW plastered all over the ad.

whether or not it sells for the asking price is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly :thumb2

Bikes were built to be ridden, crashed, modified, raced. Look at what Mikeyboy does (and what you've done with your bike), that's what it's all about.

Not to sit as a flipping investment, unused incase too many miles go on them............I really do think anybody that does that is a wanker. A nerd that should stick to stamp collecting.

Andres

You can't lick a GS....

Back
Top Bottom