…. also leaking-gearbox

hello

the gearboxes were leaking a lot. Every 500kms I had to top the oil level.

now I blocked the v shaped hole and it seams ok. at least the gaiter in not full o oil…

the strange is that I bought a paralevel gearboxes from Motorworks and they should know how to block this hole

hello

the gearboxes were leaking a lot. Every 500kms I had to top the oil level.

now I blocked the v shaped hole and it seams ok. at least the gaiter in not full o oil…

the strange is that I bought a paralevel gearboxes from Motorworks and they should know how to block this hole

I do hope that you are using the special vented bolt in the speedo drive and make sure it's clear :augie
as that has been the cause of last 3 g/box leaks I've been asked to look at :rob

After building up a box for Ogmios and looking forward to Cherry's return home last Thursday I was cross with myself because I thought I'd torn the rear seal on reassembly as it leaked a wee bit Not a Lot but enough to have a nasty smell at the toll booth and a wee drip or two when parked up

It apears like Motorworks I too have missed the "Vee"

Attachments

• DSC04197.JPG
    DSC04197.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC04199.JPG
    DSC04199.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 207
After building up a box for Ogmios and looking forward to Cherry's return home last Thursday I was cross with myself because I thought I'd torn the rear seal on reassembly as it leaked a wee bit Not a Lot but enough to have a nasty smell at the toll booth and a wee drip or two when parked up

It apears like Motorworks I too have missed the "Vee"

Excellent pics Jaythro. I wondered what the inside of the output housing looked like.

Bernard you seem to have leaked a lot of oil for the breather not to be blocked.
I have removed my speedo etc along with the big fairing on my R80GS. I had a spare old speedo cable which I cut off under the seat & used this as a breather. I sealed up the original venting hole.

The last time I rode my bike many months ago I rode up a long hill & found at the top that due to the angle of the climb a lot of oil had spurted out the top of the breather hose due to the gearbox end being blocked by the oil. Seems a lot of pressure builds up in there.

Paralever boxes must have the small "V" shaped hole in the casing of the output flange blocked off with silicon, all others left as normal.

I noticed tonight that Haynes say the V should be blocked but then have a 1mm hole drilled in the silicon when set. :confused:
I'll have a look what Clymer say as well...

I noticed tonight that Haynes say the V should be blocked but then have a 1mm hole drilled in the silicon when set. :confused:
I'll have a look what Clymer say as well...

Snowbum says the same thing. I can'tseea 1mm hole doing bugger all. It wouldnt take much to block

Couldn't see anything about blocking or not blocking the V in Clymer.
Nor could I find anyhting at all about the neutral switch as it happens. :nenau

Back
Top Bottom