BarkBusters Storm Thoughts

Bigcats

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking at buying a set for my 2019 GSA and just wondered if anyone had any issues with fitting and protection? All looks nice and easy on the videos I've seen to fit but more interested in how you found the extra protection the storm are supposed to offer as I have the hand drip extenders fitted to my bike and like the protection then give?
Mostly buying these for protection IF I drop the bike on my planned trip as want to ensure the bike is as protected as possible being fairly far from home.

I have the SW Motech handguards on my '21. The bracket they sit on is pretty substantial but I would think in anything above a low speed drop they would just bend the bars. I thought they looked a bit small to give any weather protection so bought the extenders. No idea if its any better or worse than stock handguards in this respect but it seems on a par with my old 1200.

I got the Barbusters for my 1250GS
It had the 719 mirrors on so had to buy a couple of spacers and bolts as the mirror bracket off the OE plastic ones weren't needed. These are supplied if you but the 719 mirrors but as they were standard on the triple black the extra bolts were not present
Fit well and I think they look fine
Use the storm through the colder/wetter months and they do their job
Also got the VPS ones for the better weather and in Spain last year 2 screws each side and they are off for ventilation but the bars remain for protection
Also got the skid plates but they do not fit with the Storm guards
Got them from 'A bike thing' as they powder coat them for the RRP price, but the Storm and skid plate I shopped around
Big Cats.... I have the Storms on now, if you want some photos I can put some up here later

I think you guys have sold them for me, I just wanted to make sure they were worth the money so thank you

If you think that ORS use Barkbusters on all of their school bikes - that's a good enough recommendation to their ruggedness .
The storm are good -we have then on the enduro bikes however for GS's we use the Blizzards. much better coverage and warmth when you factor in road speeds and windchill.

The Storm's combined with or without a combination of heated gloves and heated grips works well for me for the cold weather use I am likely to encounter

The Storm's combined with or without a combination of heated gloves and heated grips works well for me for the cold weather use I am likely to encounter
I do live down south so rarely experience actual cold lol

I have the barkbuster set on mine.
Great bit of kit and if you get the right set it will protect the bar ends and also protect the brake and clutch levers 👍

highway dirt bikes, best handguards available

Back
Top Bottom