Bike lift

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a bike lift for my GSA. Currently the bike gets lifted onto a motor dolly but with my bad back i cant lift it up any more. Want an electric / Hydraulic bike lift which is easy to ride onto, can lift and has dolly wheels so i can move it around. Does such a thing exist?

I have the Abba Sky lift, it is great once on but is fiddly to get the bike connected (I have not found a way without first taking the bike off its centre and side stand).

Attachments

• IMG_5463.jpeg
    IMG_5463.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I have the Abba Sky lift, it is great once on but is fiddly to get the bike connected (I have not found a way without first taking the bike off its centre and side stand).
Could you post some more closer photos of the connection points for the abba and GSA - thanks in advance

Would an Abba Sky Lift do the job you want ?

Sky Lift
As the OP wants to move it around unless his garage floor is VERY smooth then I'd get something else. I had one for my GS with a view to using it while cleaning my bike and moving it around my garage and it did neither job well.

For cleaning it gets in the way on the one side of the bike, trying to move it around the small wheels stoped when they came across the usual wear imperfections in my concrete garage floor as the long legs the casters are on flexed. Also because the lifting arm is off centre on 1 side of the lift it will easily crab across the floor.

They're great for working on your bike and to get it up in the air to do so but for what the OP wants personally I think there are better options available, plus they take up quite a bit of space when it's not attached to the bike and makes the bike wider when it is which is important if storage room is tight

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 17.01.06.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 17.01.06.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 17.01.43.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 17.01.43.png
    475 KB · Views: 66
I worked in Machine Mart for a few years, sold loads of them, minimal issues with them. The only downside is the space they take up when not in use but if your workshop is big enough it's not a problem.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

I worked in Machine Mart for a few years, sold loads of them, minimal issues with them. The only downside is the space they take up when not in use but if your workshop is big enough it's not a problem.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk
All i have in the garage is the bike, i'll double check the measurements.

Thanks

It all depends on what you want it for. the most of the time it'll be likely used for cleaning or taking wheels off. The skylift is better at that, especially if the bike doesn't have a centre stand. With Skylift it's easy to remove both wheels and move the bike around whilst jacked up. to do that with this lift you'd need something else underneath to keep both wheels up. Skylift is compact when not being used.

I'm thinking of one of these does anyone have any experience of it?
I've had one for about 7 years. It's good and I wish I'd bought it years earlier so I wouldn't have been crawling around on the floor.

As stated takes up quite a bit of room, but over winter I usually park the bike on it as it's not ridden for several months.

Only issue I had with mine was it stopped raising up . Bought a seal kit on eBay for around £14 changed out the seals and it's worked fine since.

I have a Kendon lift.

Saw one online and at the same time someone was selling on eBay. Fabulous piece of kit.

The ability to store it upright is brilliant.

Sealey now do something similar.

went for one of these...from company MoteaView attachment 312207

Finally got it set up and put the GSA on it. works a treat. Might have to adjust the front wheel clamp slightly - I made it a bit too small for the wheel. Great thing is you can adjust the front part to fit larger or smaller wheels. No back breaking lifting any more and the brakes on the casters work perfectly!

I have an Abba Sky lift but tbh, I find it of limited use on bikes which have a centre stand fitted unless I go through a bad back day in which case it's definitely easier on the back than hauling a bike onto the centrestand. It's a shame they didn't add a dolly kit for them to allow them to be moved when fitted to the bike. I see them as more use for sports bikes where they're easier than wrestling with some paddock stands and they allow both back and front wheel removal if you have the optional strapping and bar that holds the bike down on the rear wheel, raising the front. Handy if you want to drop a wheel in for tyre replacement. Other than that, the one pictured above with the dolly looks a better bet for the OP.

Back
Top Bottom