BIkesafe course in Surrey 28th May - Video

Geecee68

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I think someone in this Parish recommended it, and it was well worth the £65. I learned a lot, specifically to use all of the road, and got some good advice about sorting my cornering out. Three hours with a marked police bike for £65? Bargain.

I did the same course in Wiltshire about 10 years ago

You had to send a cheque for £10 which they gave you back when you completed the course

Great you are seeking xtra training, couple of points though, as you say the police bike seemed to exaggerate position, on a gentle rh bend with vision through as in stane Street there is no reason to be in the gutter when ample vision is available nearer the preffered position.
Also down the single track national limit Road headly lane/lodgebottom Rd I would be surprised if the police advocated offsiding to improve vision as far as I'm aware the police Don't advocate this nor do the IAM.
Join London advanced motorcyclists and continue learning.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I did the same Bikesafe from that location a few weeks earlier and by fortune had one on one training. An excellent morning and my experience was that the police riders are much more relaxed than IAM/RoSPA about offsiding and using all of the road.

I did the same Bikesafe from that location a few weeks earlier and by fortune had one on one training. An excellent morning and my experience was that the police riders are much more relaxed than IAM/RoSPA about offsiding and using all of the road.

I did the Bikesafe course decades ago in Cheltenham with one @Martyn H with his buddy Nigel. None of this online stuff, we had a couple of classroom sessions before the observed ride. They used the phrase, "grass in your boots" for single track roads.

Back
Top Bottom