Canbus safe LED main headlamp bulb wanted

hops

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am toying with the idea of replacing the woeful OEM headlamp with one of these LED jobs from the likes of AliExpress. I did buy one previously but it didn't mount properly and the sidelight bit was inoperative so I returned it. I have changed both bulbs with an H7 led bulb which is allegedly canbus safe but whilst the high beam works fine the dip beam throws a canbus error.

Has anyone replaced the dip beam bulb with an LED that doesn't trip the canbus pls?

The bigger of the two bulbs means you cant get the dust caps back on, which means the inner glass gets a bit dirty

the smaller bulbs mean the dust caps can be refitted, but they are not as bright .... not much but .

I’ll give them a go, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't exist - BM and Merc use a system that even the latest 2023s bulb from the high end LED kids with canbus fake it electronics still can't cope with - (and yes I'm using novsight - half the time it turns itself off and may or may not choose to work again with key on off reset and I get two different headlamp codes !!! ), best way is to add a load resistor to bring up the load so the bike doesn't know any better - there are posh ones and nasty ones... but they all look to large to fit in the old air cooled lamp unit

also the re is no mask on the BMW lamp unit so its quite dangerous for other road users - her ford electronic doesn't have any issues (as they don't employ the design to muddle checking the german's love - and back then novsight did 6000k - and they are much better bulbs than the current stuff

as for latest rubbish you need 5000k white so the retards make 6500k blue as the only choice thus u go up the road like some welding spark with so much blue light its not helping anyway near what it could

roughly
halogen yellow dim glow worms are 3000k
what we thought was white bright OEM xenon's, started life in 1999 as 4200k
by 2010 many moved to 4700k
and then LED came in and burnt out your eyeballs - I guess with OEM cars at 5200k

NOTHING above 2700k will work in heavy fog - so clearly they want everyone to crash and die... anyone remember the legally mandated yellow headlamps France used to have - and no one needs more than 5200 as after this colour temp its going back in the wrong direction making it worse....

citroen+ds.jpg

headlight-color-temperature-guide.jpg

Last edited:
don't exist - BM and Merc use a system that even the latest 2023s bulb from the high end LED kids with canbus fake it electronics still can't cope with - (and yes I'm using novsight - half the time it turns itself off and may or may not choose to work again with key on off reset and I get two different headlamp codes !!! ), best way is to add a load resistor to bring up the load so the bike doesn't know any better - there are posh ones and nasty ones... but they all look to large to fit in the old air cooled lamp unit ..

All i can conclude is it must be you..

I've had two sets of aftermarket LED lamps fitted to both the Hexhead and the TC,

Neither threw any codes, or failed to work...

sure must be me...

Feature
Adopt Load Resistor & Capacitor Anti Flicker Error Canceller, fixes error code or fast flickering issues related to the low current draw when using LED bulbs upgrading the halogen bulbs
It will solve the problem of warning error code, hyper flashing and prevent error message and canbus error for most vehicles including: BMW, Volkswagen, Dodge, etc

check how much rubbish the good ones have inside - as its life dependent might be worth thinking about... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303926588257?

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Not the cheapest, but works well.

No errors.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

All i can conclude is it must be you..

I've had two sets of aftermarket LED lamps fitted to both the Hexhead and the TC,

Neither threw any codes, or failed to work...

It seems our worthy brother isn’t the only one, bulb fitted LAMPF! error message. Load resistor or whole headlamp replacement next I guess.

It seems our worthy brother isn’t the only one, bulb fitted LAMPF! error message. Load resistor or whole headlamp replacement next I guess.

did he have the plug the right way round? That will also give a lampf

I had a lampf this morning - dipped beam, it occurred on my 3rd battery heat start (3 starts without turning the ignition off - Lithium battery)

Once id cycled the ignition it was fine - just need to remember to clear it from the fault memory at some stage

Back
Top Bottom