Comms kit for flip up helmet .

The Shark Evo GT's have a pull out insert, same material as the shell. Under these are a thin velcro patch that pull off, it's lightly glued
The Cardo does come with a pair of femaile / male velcro cushions to fill in any recess too deep or to get the speakers closer to your ears
The depth of the recess on the GT is too shallow for the JBL speakers for me and they were pressing on my ear, hence the digging out
If you do have to dig out, the smoothing of the flat surface inside the recess with gentle pressure of a wide flat blade makes the surface easier to stick to. After dremmeling it is a little rough, just difficult to get a smooth finsih at the angles and thats with a flexible extension which is easier to get inside the helmet
Similar to this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-...xt&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A1R9OXPW2NSQ83&nis=7
In reality the deepening is only a couple of mils. The cardo speakers have a solid edge then the sponge cover is lightly wider. I found that if the solid edges were flush then the sponge was fine on my ears.
You can try the helmet back on with the speakers just in without the velcro as you go along to see if they are good or are putting pressure. As they will be where they need to be even without the lining back in
1st time I did this I thought I had them sorted. An hour into a ride the little pressure on the top of my ears was horrendous, but felt fine when I set off

The quality of the Shark GT is good, not arai or Shoei, but I like that the chin bar goes right back. I really do like the open face, and yes, before any one tells me I do realise that I may one day grind my chin off. The helemet is approved both with the chin bar closed and open

It is at a price point that suits me. Tried the LS2 Valiant and it wasn't a good fit for me in the closed position

Cool, thanks again

Reactions: HGS
I've always use these people for my intercoms, very reliable and great backup.

Thanks for links .
Good website but similar price to Sportsbikeshop who will be easier to return to if any issues .

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

I have Interphone Ucom 16 in mine.
You get a "boom" mike in the box
Plus MESH2 so you can chat to your buddies easily (if they have Interphone or Sena

I have Interphone Ucom 16 in mine.
You get a "boom" mike in the box
Plus MESH2 so you can chat to your buddies easily (if they have Interphone or Sena
+1 for this one. I have one fitted to my Shark Spartan Carbon lid. Battery pack fits neatly into the helmet's battery compartment at the back of the helmet and speakers fit straight into the Shark speaker cut outs without modification. Add a boom mic and you're away. UCOM unit needs fitting a little further back but controls are easy to operate with gloved hands. Great intercom. Mesh equipped too.

Just installed my Edge on Shark Evo .
As mentioned above I had to dremel the recesses for speakers to fit .
But fiddly getting it all back together.
But all working

89d4b1113e75e2454a0df5dcafcd2f0e.jpg

Bit disappointed with sound quality . The Sena Mesh is definitely better !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom