Continuing problems with connected ride app

Happygser

Reaction score
So my app now displays MPH and not KPH as a speed limit but other problems persist.
1. Not syncing with server - shows ‘!’ Or is paused so data not correct - shows old fuel tank range and amount in tank
2. Does not record rides - just says recording but mileage is zero and disappears when you complete the ride
3. Service info data not updating - reverts to the date in the past when it last managed to sync
4. Voice nav instructions stop and restart mid sentence with a pause regularly

All this is incredibly annoying, BMW seem uninterested - points 1 to 3 never happened before the Nov 23 update following the R1300GS launch.
Does anyone else have these issues?
Is there a solution that I have missed - I’ve tried everything I can think of!
Many thanks in advance for any info

So my app now displays MPH and not KPH as a speed limit but other problems persist.
1. Not syncing with server - shows ‘!’ Or is paused so data not correct - shows old fuel tank range and amount in tank
2. Does not record rides - just says recording but mileage is zero and disappears when you complete the ride
3. Service info data not updating - reverts to the date in the past when it last managed to sync

All this is incredibly annoying, BMW seem uninterested - points 1 to 3 never happened before the Nov 23 update following the R1300GS launch.
This is because they do not make any money from the App so support will be absolutely minimal.

Go to app on your phone, Delete cache,
If that doesn't work, Uninstall and reinstall.
Have a read here........

I've been having exactly the same issues with the app also.
I have spoken to dealer about it, and also have open support ticket ongoing with BMW Motorrad support.
Any updates I'll add here.
As per dealer, I've tried deleting the app and re doing the whole thing, but that had no effect.

It now seems that they have given up on me - no replies now to my fault reports.
I'm going to treat myself to a zumo XT2 this summer and stop using the app

It now seems that they have given up on me - no replies now to my fault reports.
I'm going to treat myself to a zumo XT2 this summer and stop using the app
I was just thinking thew same thing today actually!
No reply yet to my most recent communication with them and my screenshots to show what was happening (or not happening) with the app - chased up and still no response either.

Annoying and disappointing.

I was just thinking thew same thing today actually!
No reply yet to my most recent communication with them and my screenshots to show what was happening (or not happening) with the app - chased up and still no response either.

Annoying and disappointing.
Update:
I was at my local dealership the other day, while on my bike to speak to one of their tech / diagnostic guys at the suggestion of the sales people.
Although he dealt mostly with cars, he listened to the issues being experienced with the app; then logged into his system and input the VIN number for the bike. He was actually surprised to see that he had access to the bikes system into and was able to send a 'reset' command to the motorcycle.
Almost straight away a lot of the data from that mornings short ride appeared in the app under the 'ride' - not ALL the data - mileage and duration was still missing, but still a bit improvement on before.
Also the ride data did not delete itself from the app, and is still there now.

However, after I left the dealer I went for another ride for several miles around town, and hoped that this time the data from this ride would also appear and remain in the app.
It was not to be, and the ride data from that 2nd trip, did not stay in the app an deleted itself shorty after.

Still not had any update from Motorrad Support and still chasing them up.
N

Update:
Received a reply from Motorrad Support after chasing them up, it said:

"Thank you for your feedback. The problem is currently being analyzed and processed by the responsible technicians. But based on the current status, we are unfortunately unable to say when the error will be fixed. Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

There seems to be an issue with syncing - I've emailed them (again).
Time for a Garmin!

I have established that if I log out the app works perfectly - it is definitely the syncing issues.
If logged in the app cannot record the ride but logged out it works just fine.
Does anyone else find the app will not sync with the BMW server like mine?

I have established that if I log out the app works perfectly - it is definitely the syncing issues.
If logged in the app cannot record the ride but logged out it works just fine.
Does anyone else find the app will not sync with the BMW server like mine?
Really?
So just use the app but logged out?
I’m going to try that next time too then.

Amazing, yesterday I got an email from them acknowledging that there were issues and the developer was working on it.
No expected fix date but it is progress to get an acknowledgment instead of banal replies asking for screen shots and trying to get me to delete and reinstall etc.
I’m still buying a garmin but at least the app will work… eventually!

That’s very interesting! I haven’t yet had a response of that nature.
Interesting to hear that they’re acknowledging the issues as you said.
I’m going to try running without logging in tomorrow and see if anything happens, but if they’re working on the app then perhaps there is hope!

Hi,
Interesting today..
I went out for a ride and at the start I did not log into the app to see if that made any difference to things.
After about 45mins I stopped and switched off for a few minutes. As I started the bike up and put the phone back in the cradle, the app kept requesting me to log in, over and over again, even after I dismissed the alert.
I thought sod it, and logged back in.. then resumed my ride.

So…. When I finished my ride a couple of hours later, the whole ride from the point of me logging in was recorded completely.. all the data, mileage, speed, photos I’d taken during the run.. it was all there, and still is !!

Weird… but good!
Not sure what this means really, but….

**Update**
My App has mysteriously decided to start working !
Following my post before ^^
After having logged out of the app and then re logged in to the app after the bike/cradle had connected, the app is now recording ALL Data and photo's taken on the last 4 rides.
I'm just doing this before each ride now, and logging off app, then after the cradle and bike are connected I've logged back in.

Working at moment, finally!
Which is the main thing.

Seems to be working for me too now and I’ve stayed logged in.
Maybe it’s fixed?
Still buying a garmin though!

Seems to be working for me too now and I’ve stayed logged in.
Maybe it’s fixed?
Still buying a garmin though!
That's great !
Maybe there's been something fixed in background as you say.

Glad it's working though.I'm going to stick with it a bit, and see how it goes, maybe consider Garmin for big trips after a while.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom