Croatia in a week

Deleted account Cooperman

Reaction score
I fancy dipping my toe into Croatia, with a bit of sightseeing along the way. I'm flying solo with a week to fit this in.

croatia+map+labelled.tiff

Thanks so far to Micky for sorting the ferry, and The Grey One for accommodating me :beerjug: I'm trusting the latter to give me a couple of good routes to get me to and from my ultimate destination in Croatia, Rovinj.

Any thoughts/suggested improvements welcome :thumby:

I would think about taking in Friedrichshaven as you have some cracking roads and passes in the south alps and also the Black Forest/B500/Baden Baden on the way home.

You could also get into Bosnia if you want to tick a box.

Not so much for friedrichshaven and Baden Baden as these and especially the former are very busy but more for the general direction. If you want to cover some ground Munich is very doable in a day, 730 motorway miles from Calais so similar on your route. Many will tell you to enjoy France and stay off the autoroutes and they are right but as time is limited you might want to leave this for another time.

Whatever you do you will enjoy it.

Thanks so far to Micky for sorting the ferry, and The Grey One for accommodating me :beerjug: I'm trusting the latter to give me a couple of good routes to get me to and from my ultimate destination in Croatia, Rovinj.

Any thoughts/suggested improvements welcome :thumby:

My pleasure Ian :thumb

Have a great time, take some corkin' piccies, and get back here safe and tell us all about it. I'll be looking forward to that :D

:beerjug:

As an aside, regarding the ferries, a none UKGSer asked me to price up a ferry for him, he didn't receive my email, but had received all the others :blast

I think he was just slack ... but it cost him an extra £198.00 to book via P&O direct :D

Hi there

Did the same route late last year and went into Bosnnia and had a great time if it, just set the GPS to stay off the motorway and have some fun.

Drop me a line and I think I saved all the locations we stayed each night.

All for now

Mark

I would think about taking in Friedrichshaven as you have some cracking roads and passes in the south alps and also the Black Forest/B500/Baden Baden on the way home.

You could also get into Bosnia if you want to tick a box.

I'm having a rest from the Black Forest and thought a visit to Arnhem Bridge and a few of the Dambuster Dams would be something different to get the trip moving.

My pleasure Ian :thumb

Have a great time, take some corkin' piccies, and get back here safe and tell us all about it. I'll be looking forward to that :D

Hi there

Did the same route late last year and went into Bosnnia and had a great time if it, just set the GPS to stay off the motorway and have some fun.

Drop me a line and I think I saved all the locations we stayed each night.

Mark

I will not have time to do Bosnia on this trip, but I'm using it as a sighter for maybe a longer trip next year. I'll be in touch :thumb

Back
Top Bottom