Croatia

Adam Purshall

Anyone had any problems with insurance in Croatia?

My insurance company (Equity Red Star) will insure third party only and will not cver me for theft. I have contacted my broker who informed me that "none of the major insurance companies will cover for theft". Personally i got the impresion thy could not be bothered to ask the question.

Time to change insurers perhaps!!

Any feedback much appreciated.

Adam

Norwich Union have always been happy to cover Croatia ............fully comp for me on many occasions

I'll be taking the car there in the summer. The current insurance with CGNU (or whatever they are called nowadays - Norwich Union??) changed the list of countries covered under the normal 'European countries' list to include Croatia just this year.

Before the decision to take the car, I had been planning to take the bike (but it can't carry canoes etc.) and checked the insurance (BMW) which includes Croatia as well within the teritorial limits.

Close scrutiny of the policy document in my experience delivers earlier answers than waiting for a broker to respond... They sound a bit flakey...

Got this from a previous poster.

QUOTE]We didn't bother with insurance for Croatia. We had Greencard insurance for Europe through a Dutch company Knopftours (there's a link on www.horizonsunlimited.com ) as we were travelling outside the UK in excess of the normal 30 day period of cover on most UK motor insurance policies. It's worth noting that motor insurance, as we know it doesn't exist in most countries outside Europe. Generally if you need it you can buy it at the border. If your not exceeding 30 days or the specified period allowed on your insurance policy for EU cover then you don't need to worry about it but, I would inform your insurance company that your going. [/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom