Does anyone know of a café in or around Lincoln that serves....

Ex-Call Centre Chimp

I don't belong here, I don't belong anywhere.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
......a nice gravy dinner, ideally a nice chicken or meat pie?

Pennells used to do delicious gravy dinners but like most places they gone down the sandwich/burger/chip routes.

Thanks in advance Comrades.

Not a pie fan but a couple of places that I assume do pies and have pretty good food..
Fenland Hideaway, between Lincoln bypass (Greetwell roundabout) and Cherry Willingham
Cherry Tree cafe, Sudbrooke on A158
The George, Langworth
Brown’s Pie Shop, top of Steep Hill
Bottle and Glass, Normandy by Spital, just off A15

I’ve had an excellent breakfast at the cafe opposite the Walkers crisp factory on Newark Road before now. I’d be surprised if they didn’t do pies.
Also, the Dambusters Inn at Scampton do great food. I believe a steak and ale pie is on the menu.

Yes, I know the café, that's another good call, TY.
I'm not big on pubs but again, TY for the suggestion.

A little further than I'd planned but I have a good mate who lives near there so it's definitely noted for future reference thank you.

I had never even heard of a "Gravy Dinner" until right now. But being married to a lass from Wigan, I know exactly what it is.

There’s a good, old fashioned, cafe next door to the Plough Boy pub on Burton Rd in Lincoln. It does (or did a year ago) a full Sunday lunch which was very popular with students. I’m sure they’ll do a ‘gravy dinner’ :p
Remind me to tell you my gravy story of old next time I see you :D

There’s a good, old fashioned, cafe next door to the Plough Boy pub on Burton Rd in Lincoln. It does (or did a year ago) a full Sunday lunch which was very popular with students. I’m sure they’ll do a ‘gravy dinner’ :p
Remind me to tell you my gravy story of old next time I see you :D

Thanks Dermot, I think that café is closed.

Thanks Dermot, I think that café is closed.

That’s a shame, it was a proper Old fashioned cafe (no accent) home cooking and good value. Everything else up hill is trendy with prices to match - not that I’m adverse to that (being a bit of a hipster ��) but it’s a loss none the less.

Just had a look on the web and it was open 2 weeks ago - I’ll check it out next week.

That’s a shame, it was a proper Old fashioned cafe (no accent) home cooking and good value. Everything else up hill is trendy with prices to match - not that I’m adverse to that (being a bit of a hipster ) but it’s a loss none the less.

Last ate there a few years ago and naively went for their top breakfast - 4 of everything!!
Had to leave half a plateful as couldn’t eat it all!

The Diner at Cadwell Park serves Decent looking Pies and real Veg.
Haven't sampled it but it looks right enough....

Back
Top Bottom