Epson XP-435 paper selection problem

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When trying to copy a document it only offers photographic paper in various grades- Glossy, Super glossy, Prem. semiglossy... that sort of thing, rather than just Plain. Where am I going wrong?

Answer here:

tom

Hell's Bells!

Just spoken to the Epson Customer Support (or something like that), was told that the lack of the Plain Paper option was due to the fact that the printer was set at the Default Options when it left the factory and that I would have to go to the Setup option, and select the WITH BORDER option and then all should be well. Bloody hell, it's meant to be a home copier, surely it ought to be able to copy a document as well as photographs on plain paper without all this fannying about?

I'm sure I'd never have found out how to do it without the aid of the Helpdesk, how bloody annoying.

The above was the relevant post where all was revealed, posted by me way back in 2016.

Thank you sanqhar/tom, I had forgotten about that post and can’t think why the wretched thing had reverted to the no plain paper default option some time during the following seven years. All is now well, quite a relief actually.

Thank you very much. :thumb2

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom