Ferry Genoa to Sicily any advice?

Peds

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Planning a trip down to Sicily next year and are thinking of taking the ferry from Genoa to Sicily and back rather than riding all the way. Some of the TripAdvisor reviews I have read about the ferry have been quite negative but am always wary of these. Any members of this parish done the trip recently ? Any advice ?

I can only comment on the ferry from Toulon to Trapani and that was good and very reasonable in cost. And as I recall around £120 one way, and around 19hrs duration. Hope this is of help.

We went 2013 so not hugely relevant. Just rocked up and bought tickets for that nights crossing. Expensive iirc and expensive food and drink on board. So much so I blagged my way back onto the car deck to get some cheese I had on the bike plus a bottle of wine and retired to our cabin early to eat, drink, and ummm, well you know ;)

Otherwise it was just a ferry sailing. Nothing unusual or weird. Don’t overthink it.

Edit #2. I just spotted you want the ferry through to Sicily. We went Genoa - Corsica - Sardinia and had planned to go onto Sicily but the weather was shite on Sardinia and forecast the same for Sicily. We went straight across to mainland Italy and then onto Croatia for some much needed warmth and dry weather (May ‘13 - mega floods all over Europe).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom