First ride - first tumble 🙈 Rec me some engine guard protectors?

Team McQueen

Reaction score
Pretty much says it all - got about 22 miles after picking up my 4900 miles from new 2016 F800 GS adventure.

Lost concentration sitting stationary in traffic and suddenly - whoops! GS on floor and I’m on the curb.

Laid her down as I went, but I’d got so comfortable riding her that as I shifted about stationary the height and weight suddenly caught me unawares for just a split second.

No damage (other than my pride and agonising pain in my back) - never dropped a bike before so uber embarrassed.

Worth getting some engine bar/guard protectors tho!

The little plastic rubber things - the engine bars seem to be about 21mm - I don’t want them to be massive over sized designed for 1250 gs type tho.

Anyone recommend some?

Sorry to hear that. I dropped my R1150R on my drive way just after picking it up so know how you feel.

My bike got t boned by a 2 ton suv at low speed. the tarmac flattened of the round crashbar profile bars bent but bike otherwise untouched. Heed are the best.

My bike got t boned by a 2 ton suv at low speed. the tarmac flattened of the round crashbar profile bars bent but bike otherwise untouched. Heed are the best.

Thanks - I’ve already got lower crash bars on and they are the bits that got scratched. I’d seen some gs with plastic block protectors on the points where the crash bars meet the road when it’s dropped.
I ended up picking up a cheap pair for about £6 and the next time I dropped it (which I did) they took the brunt of the force!

Thanks - I’ve already got lower crash bars on and they are the bits that got scratched. I’d seen some gs with plastic block protectors on the points where the crash bars meet the road when it’s dropped.
I ended up picking up a cheap pair for about £6 and the next time I dropped it (which I did) they took the brunt of the force!
Do you have a link for those block protectors?

I have Adventure Spec bars on my F700. I used them previously on my 08 F650GS. They are very substantial. I picked them up on here. I have seen pairs on Ebay too. I think I paid £100/120.

Attachments

• IMG_5721.jpeg
    IMG_5721.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 11
Did you buy mine ?
Genuinely can’t remember, the previous owner had them on a F800gs and did some light green laning. So needed touching up a bit. However the steel is so thick the damage was just scratched paint.

They certainly saved my skin when a young deer ran into me in the dark one night. Bits of deer on the bars, everything else unmarked 👍

Back
Top Bottom