GPX - Northern France 5 days

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I tend to plan my trips at this time of year for the coming year, one because I get bored and want to spend my time usefully, 2 because I like to ensure I get into the hotels that I want and leaving it much later often ends in disappointment as many of the hotels we chose are quite small with limited availability
Below is one of our planned trips for late spring 2024. I cant say anything about all the hotels but will offer final feedback once I have stayed in them. Again ''Logis de France'' to the rescue as I find this site really is good both for food and accommodation. Food and lodging costs vary depending on where you stay but we budget EURO 200 per night for ALL IN inclusive fuel, lunches accommodation and food and drinks. A lot yes, but that's personal choice. Also noting that the route starts and stops in Rotterdam you can always adjust to start maybe closer to the French ports of Calais or Chunnel.

Day 1 - Rotterdam to Leissies. 269 km. Overnight stay at Chateau de la Motte. Looks god and has the blue coding for food which normally suggest excellent french cuisine at OK prices. First part is basically motorway through Belgium to get to France so nothing much to write about here.

Day 2 - Leissies to Bremicourt. 267 km. Overnight stay at the La Cour de Remi. Have stayed here before and can highly recommend for peace and quiet and excellent food.

Day 3 - Bremicourt to Bezancourt. 262 km. Overnight stay at the Chateau de Landel. Also familiar from a previous visit. Excellent food in a charming 18th century chateau which back then belonged to a rich French Glass maker. Again peace and tranquility in abundance as well as great food.

Day 4 - Bezancourt to Sassetot - le Maucondut. 267 km. Overnight at the le Relais des Dalles. Another place i have been. Very cozy rooms and outstanding traditional French cuisine. For me a lovely place to stay.

Day 5 - Sassetot to Bollezeele. 284 km. Overnight stay at the Hostellerie St Louis. This is a new one for me and have not been there before. Experience shows that the closer you get to Belgium the less quality you get in terms of both accommodation and food. Just my own preference

Day 6 - Bollezeele to Rotterdam. 273 km. Mostly motorway through Belgium and back to Rotterdam.

Last edited:
seems the routes above have all disappeared. This is because I changed them and therefore they are no longer available.
The reason they were changed s because of travel dates and availability we made some changes and reversed the routes. Below are the new routes. Lodgings all the same .

Day 1 - Rotterdam to Bollezeele 260km

Day 2 - Bollezeele to Sassetot - 283km

Day 3 - Sassetot to Bezancourt - 276km

Day 4 - Bezancourt to Bermicourt - 263km

Day 5 - Bermicourt to Leissies - 267km

Day 6 - Leissies to Rotterdam - 273km

It is worthwhile noting that any changes made to a MyRoute embedded route, will kill the original embedded route’s link.

Back
Top Bottom