Himalayan 411 celebration - Gentle off road ride 6th January with Royal Enfield

Eastmidsbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There is a rideout being planned for the 6th January from the Royal Enfield dealer Smalley Cross in the East Midlands . A couple of guys that rideout regularly on their Himalayans have helped Royal Enfield create a route in Derbyshire that is focussed on byways, but not too challenging.

Details here. You will need a Himalayan 411 to attend this.

R.

If anyone here is going, perhaps they’d be kind enough to share a GPS track of the route?

Thanks Richard, just a couple of builds to this....
  • If anyone fancies a run around this, let me know Im happy to come along outside my normal work hours Mon-Thurs.
  • In winter 50/50 tyres are recommended, Im sure its fine on stock tyres if you are experienced, but I prefer to run at least 50/50 tyres when offroad.
  • One of the lanes near Darley Dale (Back lane) as been ruined by a partial repair, then with storm babet, its worth missing this section until repaired as looks 'difficult' at the moment.
  • There are two slightly more technical downhill sections in this (but how hard can downhill be... right ?). These can be missed if you dont fancy them, but great for testing your downhill technique.
  • Please check for any local signage, the legality of lanes can change but there should be signs if there are any TRO's or other restrictions.
I'm just as competent at stuffing my MSAB (Mid sized adventure bike) into the hedge as anyone, but love being out and challenging myself so feel free to message me.

R.

Last edited:
Just a quick update to this after covering some of the route today, there are 2 active TRO's on lanes due to damage caused by the recent weather, and some of the lanes have had quite a lot of soil washed away. A couple of the lanes are probably more intermediate now from a skills perspective, so please consider that if thinking about doing the route and try and do it accompanied if you can, especially if less experienced.

Back
Top Bottom