Hotels within easy ride of Santander

Geecee68

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a bike friendly hotel thats within an easy ride to the ferry port? I remember reading a post where somone recommended a couple. They need to be on the North side of the mountains, I can't be doing with another morning ride across! Thanks in advance!

Llanes is on the coast about an hour away from the ferry. Hotel Miraolas does not charge motorcycles for their secure garage parking and is close to the town centre and adjacent to the port. Hotel Don Paco is also very nice and has a private open air car park with security. Both are on Booking.com and are busy the night before the ferry leaving, so book in advance. Llanes is a pleasant coastal town with plenty to interest.

Hotel Faro de San Vicente in San Vicente de la Baquera.
Forty minutes from Santander with stunning views .

f744b2cd34b4a7d9c8f352ae26d6e36f.png

We stayed there in 2021.
No idea if it’s bike friendly as my bike is made of metal and doesn’t need feeding .

We stayed in Laredo - nice spot about 30 miles east along the coast from Santander. Hotel el Ancla. We were able to park our bikes within the hotel grounds.

I stayed in Hotel Montemar in Llanes, sister to Don Paco. Surface car park with spaces reserved for bikes. 50 minutes to the port along the coast road. Lovely village and a decent hotel.

We stayed in Arce, about 45 minutes from the ferry terminal. Lovely hotel with good food . Bike parking out of site around the back. Not expensive either.

We stayed in Arce, about 45 minutes from the ferry terminal. Lovely hotel with good food . Bike parking out of site around the back. Not expensive either.

I booked it. Thank you!

I booked it. Thank you!
Incidentally. If you stroll downhill to the end of the road, turn right , then about 800 metres down the road is a nice cafe/bar. We spent a pleasant afternoon drinking in it.

Back
Top Bottom