How to wire up a dash cam setup?

jacksdad63

Reaction score
Hi, just fitting out my 2006/7 R1200GS 0307 K25.
I've bought a pair of dash cams and controller, all waterproof and hard wired onto the bike, you just leave them to run and loop on the memory card.
The listing says to wire pos & neg to the battery and then add in a switched live. Can I use the switched live on the Garmin/satnav socket? I'm using it to power my Garmin Zumo 660 as well, but both items use very little power, I'm hoping I can do this without triggering any warning lights or upsetting the elctronics.
Thanks again, Mike :D

I would have thought that would be ok, if there is a problem then switch a little relay to the camera switched supply using the sat nav supply.

Hi, just fitting out my 2006/7 R1200GS 0307 K25.
I've bought a pair of dash cams and controller, all waterproof and hard wired onto the bike, you just leave them to run and loop on the memory card.
The listing says to wire pos & neg to the battery and then add in a switched live. Can I use the switched live on the Garmin/satnav socket? I'm using it to power my Garmin Zumo 660 as well, but both items use very little power, I'm hoping I can do this without triggering any warning lights or upsetting the elctronics.
Thanks again, Mike :D
If you are concerned you could always piggy back off a fuse

Back
Top Bottom