Installing a kill cord

Wight trash

Reaction score
A couple of times when offroading in mud/sand etc the bike gets dropped and hearing that engine on its side rev (coz you grabbed the throttle as you went over) is not a nice sound. Is there a proper way to install a kill cord or similar? Maybe connect into side stand switch? Thanks.

Sounds like a good idea in principle, although even with Whisky throttle the throttle should return to off once you depart the bike. Also, given that the breakdowns off road I've encountered are clutch switch and side stand switch related I'd be loathed to add another potential failure point to stop me starting the motorcycle.

I find I can normally hit this kill switch within a few seconds, and if I can't I've got bigger problems to worry about :).

A couple of times when offroading in mud/sand etc the bike gets dropped and hearing that engine on its side rev (coz you grabbed the throttle as you went over) is not a nice sound. Is there a proper way to install a kill cord or similar? Maybe connect into side stand switch? Thanks.

You can buy them, and wire them into your kill switch.

If i don't manage to get to the kill switch in a couple of seconds the fuel cut off kicks in & does it for me!

I'm not a fan of A: - Tying myself to the bike & B: - putting something there that could be pulled by a dangling branch, bramble etc...

D

Or something that might fail at the most inopportune moment, like mid overtake…

Back
Top Bottom