Interphone F5MC V Garmin zumo 590

kickstart

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help needing I'm running out of grey matter on this one.

I've recently bought a zumo 590 and having trouble connecting it properly to the interphone f5 units.the f5 (twin set) works fine either in intercom mode or gps mode but not both together - I can only get one or the other but they refuse to operate as one. If I'm in gps mode I have to disconnect (via the large centre button) to enter intercom mode and do the same when going back to gps mode ( a pain in the Arse) having to do this every time. My previous F4 unit had no such issues.

I've tried all that I know - I've unpaired everything and reconnected - phone to gps - gps to intercom and then units to each other and other such various configurations with no improvement. I've even tried factory resets with no joy. I'm sure it's a connection issue but can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone else experienced this problem or advice in sorting this out I'm getting a bit frustrated at this and getting ready to bin it?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

:beerjug::beerjug:

I'd be interested to know how you're getting on with your f5mc. I've just bought one of these - I've paired up my iphone and my zumo 660. I've haven't the chance to use the intercom yet so unfortunately can't comment on your issue. However I've found that if I use the unit's FM radio or stream music from the phone I get interference from the zumo, so when the gps gives directions the sound just dissolves into static, both the music and spoken directions from the zumo are completely unintelligable. I've emailed interphone support, but no reply as yet.

I don't have a 590 but do have a Nav5 and a twin pair of Interphone F5MC's.

Feedback on your problem.

I would suggest you need to pair as below.

0) Clear all your pairings - phones to headsets/gps's etc.

1) Do software upgrade on F5MCs - mine arrived and were quite a bit out of date.

2) Pair your phone to the 590/Nav5 only.

3) Pair for F5MC to your 590.

4) When you need to use phone control this operation only through the 590 and let it talk to phone.

Other key items to note.

1) Always fire up Nav590 1st - I tend to wait 30 seconds post power up of Nav5(590).

2) Then fire up the F5MC.

3) Wait for verbal to confirm pair.

4) Occasionally Nav5/590 does not connect to phone - if this happens, on Nav5/590 go to blue tooth settings and tick the phone - for me it then always connects.

I cannot offer advice yet on true intercom - but for streamed music (from Nav5(590)), Radio (never that great), Nav instructions, Phone calls - it works a treat.

Had mine since may - today lost a speaker on headset so warranty request for replacement in - good job I have a twin set.

Good luck!

I have the inter phone tour and have a similar problem. If you have an other intercom and sat nav paired , when the nav gives instructions it holds onto the channel for a long while after the instruction has finished. I believe this is due to the nav being at the top of the list of connections.
You can download the instruction manual from the inter phone website

Back
Top Bottom