Is anyone using MRA Navigation App on a device such as the Carpuride 702?

rjsmith26

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry if its been asked elsewhere - I cannot find the answer and was unsure where to post - is anyone using MRA Navigation App with it being presented to the rider on a device such as the Carpuride 702 i.e. not from phone but using the android auto. All I can see online seems to be from 2021 when MRA Navigation was struggling with Andoid auto. Thanks

========

Titled edited and moved to start you a fresh topic and thread.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
The MyRoute app Navigation is now compatible with Android Auto. Or at least according to their developer on the MyRoute forum it is.

IMG_5256.jpeg

If anyone is ever serious about using MyRoute app Navigation, I’d recommend them joining the very good MyRoute forum.

Sorry if its been asked elsewhere - I cannot find the answer and was unsure where to post - is anyone using MRA Navigation App with it being presented to the rider on a device such as the Carpuride 702 i.e. not from phone but using the android auto. All I can see online seems to be from 2021 when MRA Navigation was struggling with Andoid auto. Thanks

========

Titled edited and moved to start you a fresh topic and thread.

Richard
yes it works ok with android auto and carplay, not as good as the native app, but getting there. Some features are not availble by the nature of carplay and AA.

You have to start the mra route on your phone before opening the AA app which is a bit of a faff. On OSMand you can start the app in AA and select your route in favourites. Neither are as good as their native apps and OSMand has a bit of a learning curve compared to MRA.

One question, please:

Does ‘native app’ mean, just using the app on a phone, instead of displaying it on a Carpuride?

Thank you.
Yes sorry, just using the app on the phone (or other device) rather than displaying it in Carplay or Android Auto.

For what its worth both apps are streets away from google maps in Android Auto. Which I can operate from the myriad buttons on the left bar of my Africa Twin. Of course Google maps is best as a point to point app. However, what is good about it is that if I have the Honda connected to my headset I can use the Mic button on Google maps (via the Hondas left hand button cluster) to ask google to get me to the nearest Hotel, campsite, fuel station, starbucks :D. For that reason I connect my headset to the bike not my XT and navigate using the XT without instructions and ask google maps for amenities along the route. The XT is set not to recalculate and I can rejoin the puple line after google excursions. Works well for me.

Evening all - Thanks for the correct location Richard. And thanks for all the feedback all. Have ordered a 702 and keen to see how this will operate as a possible replacement to a Zumo XT. I already plan and route manage of MRA. Not a lover of Garmin and even though I get on ok with the XT would like a multi bike setup without a secondary mount stupid costs. With the usual Garmin-ism's of how you must use the device/get it talk to other bluetooth objects, plus their pricing for accessories I think Garmin are starting out on a similar path to Nokia and Blackberry when Apple launched the first iphone i.e. game over is looming - or perhaps not - we shall see.

I had a little test run out with both apps last Friday both functioned well. Oddly OSMand does not display speed in AA but does warn of stop signs (useful when there is no turn at a crossroad and the stop sign is behind a tree) speed humps and sharp bends. The MRA navigation app no longer seems to toast your phone and lets it charge on the ride. Couple of AA screen shots of both. The both followed a route created in MRA perfectly (offline on an old motorola G7 using Android10) even though I started and stopped the apps several times for comparison purposes)

MRA the banding is due to the camera phone shutter speed and Africa Twin screen refresh rate.

IMG_20240322_120535693_HDR.jpg

OSMand showing a Stop Sign warning..........I had spotted it though Phew!

IMG_20240322_123611662_HDR.jpg

I use MRA /carplay on my W702 (from my iphone). Works ok, better since the last update but still doesnt seem quite as good as their "Navigation" app being honest. The great thing about MRA it seems they are continuing to develop with regular updates. Ive not gone back to my XT since having the W702. I no longer need to add loads of shaping points as I needed for the XT, as the map you plan the route on is the same map exactly you navigate from so there not required..

Back
Top Bottom