Mac Book Air & Nav6 connection problems help

Jacal

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help needed guys please.
Just got a new M2 MacBook Air and I've come across a problem, the MacBook Air has only 2 Thunderbolt 4 ports (whatever they are) and after doing a quick search I read you can connect a 'c' data cable to usb and it should all work fine, 17 quid later an official Apple adapter arrived from that loverly tax haven store Amazon and 'low and behold'.....Nope! it didn't work
I'm rambling....has anyone connected their Nav6 to the new connections on the Mac Air please?

Help needed guys please.
Just got a new M2 MacBook Air and I've come across a problem, the MacBook Air has only 2 Thunderbolt 4 ports (whatever they are) and after doing a quick search I read you can connect a 'c' data cable to usb and it should all work fine, 17 quid later an official Apple adapter arrived from that loverly tax haven store Amazon and 'low and behold'.....Nope! it didn't work
I'm rambling....has anyone connected their Nav6 to the new connections on the Mac Air please?
I bought the MacBook Air and like u had problems connecting it to base camp and express so took it back to apple for a full refund and went back to the windows

Firstly I'd be surprised if Apple sold their products via Amazon but in any event is it definitely a data cable? As daft as it sounds some of these cables are not desinged to allow data transfer or only do so in one direction.

Thanks for the input but I have no problem with loading 'Basecamp' it's connecting the Nav6 that I'm having problems with, the machine itself is great and superbly fast.
I've been a MacBook Pro user since 2013 and only updated as the original MacBook Pro was getting long in the tooth and needs a new battery.....it'll be up for sale soon, when I've taken all my work off it.

Firstly I'd be surprised if Apple sold their products via Amazon but in any event is it definitely a data cable? As daft as it sounds some of these cables are not desinged to allow data transfer or only do so in one direction.
Cheers hops, yep! it was an official cable in Apple packaging, it's gone back for a refund and I'm now on the lookout for a compatible hub, hoped someone would have had the same problem and could of advised on which hub definitely works.

Thanks again hops for the input.

Hmmm
I’m considering buying an Air M2 and I’d definitely want it to work with my nav 5

I'm loving the Air M2 and I'm sure it's only a matter of buying the right hub so all the old tech will connect, was hoping someone on here had already been there and got the T-shirt, 'so to speak'

Not sure if this helps as I’m no tech expert, but my understanding, and based on my experience, is that Garmin and Tom Tom devices won’t work with a computer running an M2 chip.

I have a 2017 Macbook. Connecting either a Nav 5 or 6 has always required patience. Plus the Nav into the Mac via a USB hub or adaptor (Mac only has USB-C port), put the kettle on, make a brew and by the time I'm half way through the tea the Nav is connected.

Works without fail, just in its own time...

I have a 2017 Macbook. Connecting either a Nav 5 or 6 has always required patience. Plus the Nav into the Mac via a USB hub or adaptor (Mac only has USB-C port), put the kettle on, make a brew and by the time I'm half way through the tea the Nav is connected.

Works without fail, just in its own time...
Any particular brew ?
🤭

I've an older 2012 Macbook Air and it won't recognise my XT. I wonder if I need a 'third party USB 2.0 hub' - my Nav V did connect however

Thanks for all the input guys, think I'll try a hub and see how that does although doing a little net surfing suggest that some work and others don't :rolleyes:
Oh and I always thought we mash tea and brew beer in Yorkshire ;)

Nah, nowt like a well brewed cup of general purpose drinking fluid.

If you are successful with the hub would you get back to us with the details please?

I have Garmin XT. Haven’t used Basecamp for the past 3 years. Everything is downloaded and updated using WiFi or Bluetooth from my iPhone or iPad. Do all my route planing on Kirviger.de or in MyRoute app. Then export the route as .gpx file and save it in iCloud, which is accessible on my iPad or iPhone in the middle of nowhere using mobile data signal, I then export a particular gpx to the XT using Garmin Drive app.

Basecamp is so last century.

Back
Top Bottom