Magnilink charging cables

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried these?

I thought I’d give them a go because it means I can use one cable to charge phone, iPad and eTab, Kindle etc though the reality is I’ve bought two so I can chop and change at will when I’m sitting killing time either in a hotel or at an airport but my initial thoughts are that they’re quite good. You can leave the adaptors plugged into the device and just drop the magnetic pick up on the cable onto the device you want to charge. I bought the high rate ones then purchased a high speed plug so in theory I can charge an iPhone from flat in about 1/4 time it normally takes but that’s a mere indulgence rather than a necessity :D

Where I think they’ll also be useful is on the bike where I won‘t need to have a variety of cables in my tank bag but that’s a couple of weeks of the year thing so yet another indulgence really.

No, but the sucker for a gadget known as Scraggy thinks they are wonderful. I guess it all depends how ham fisted you are when pushing a connector into a socket. Since the advent of USB-C you have to be spectacularly clumsy to fuck it up.

No, but the sucker for a gadget known as Scraggy thinks they are wonderful. I guess it all depends how ham fisted you are when pushing a connector into a socket. Since the advent of USB-C you have to be spectacularly clumsy to fuck it up.

I didn’t buy them to avoid fuck ups even though plugging in the Micro USB on my eTab while driving in the dark is now far easier, it’s the simplicity that I like :D

I am not convinced by this one.

a. The world is now near enough moving to USB-C, which does away with multiple heads and multiple leads.

b. I do pretty well with my four port Minix charger with some very long, good quality, Anker braided cables. The Minix charger was recommended by Arsey. I back this up with Anker’s power brick thing. That being said, the small clip that holds the UK three pin adaptor in place on the Minix has just failed. This means that the device loses contact with the mains, not helped as the device hangs downwards from the three pin adaptor, gravity then taking over. I have contacted Minix to see if they’ll send me a replacement. The continental, two pin adaptor is still fine.

I agree that before too long everything new will be using USB C but for me at the moment they make sense. If I go away on the bike I normally have 2 phones, 2 eTabs, 1 kindle, 1 mini iPad, 1 rechargeable torch and a battery pack. For that lot I need 3 types of cable and usually take 3 multi leads plus a long USB mini.

Will I be offering them in the for sale section within 6 months? Only time will tell :D

I am not convinced by this one.

a. The world is now near enough moving to USB-C, which does away with multiple heads and multiple leads.

b. I do pretty well with my four port Minix charger with some very long, good quality, Anker braided cables. The Minix charger was recommended by Arsey. I back this up with Anker’s power brick thing. That being said, the small clip that holds the UK three pin adaptor in place on the Minix has just failed. This means that the device loses contact with the mains, not helped as the device hangs downwards from the three pin adaptor, gravity then taking over. I have contacted Minix to see if they’ll send me a replacement. The continental, two pin adaptor is still fine.

Yup

5aeeb65a8c87817b98fda20577a2dea3.jpg

USB-C is the way to go .

Now pretty much all USB-C for me

iPhone
iPads
Kindle
Sena SRL Mesh helmet
Cardo Packtalk Edge etc

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Will I be offering them in the for sale section within 6 months? Only time will tell

If you do, don’t fall into the not uncommon trap of posting, a week before advertising, that the device is crap. Old JB has made that mistake with his Garmin XT, repeatedly telling the world what a pile of crap it is. I await his for sale advert with interest :D

To be fair, I complained about my 660 before selling it and in the sale post… but it was gone in less than a day :D

It’s an easy audience.

But everyone knew that the 660 was a great GPS device. They also knew that you are an ItalIan, as such incapable of managing anything more technical than a slice of pizza :D

:beerjug:

If you do, don’t fall into the not uncommon trap of posting, a week before advertising, that the device is crap. Old JB has made that mistake with his Garmin XT, repeatedly telling the world what a pile of crap it is. I await his for sale advert with interest :D

I’ve paid more for one pair of socks than for one of the cables plus magnetic heads so I’d probably bung them in the free section anyway :D

Back
Top Bottom