NOT The Hograost rideout

2 wheel humvee

www.humvee-graphics.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed the Hograost event the craic and the company especially but also the rideouts, as there is no Hograost event this year a couple of us made a last minute plan to meet up and try and recreate a Hograost rideout, plans made we arranged to meet at The Bell Inn in Weyhill near Andover yesterday morning, my Stepdad Richard and I set out from South Wales for the 2 hour ride and duly arrived at the rendezvous, we were joined by Judge and Darkhorse who had traveled for a similar time/distance from the opposite direction, Oscar arrived shortly after and we set out to meet cookie at RAF Old Sarum airfield 20 minutes down the road in the direction of Salisbury but not before the now customary starburst effect at roundabouts and u-turns, off to a good start then :thumby:

CA_07031610224923-XL.jpg

The airfield was packed as there was an event on but we managed to fight our way through the crowds to the cafe and enjoyed a breakfast and a coffee with cookie
CA_07031610225833-X2.jpg

As we were on his patch cookie opted to lead and progress improved, the pace was comfortable and occasionally brisk as we made our way down to Poole for the ferry crossing travelling on back roads for the most part we went via Zig Zag Hill and past Compton Abbas airfield.
CA_07031611054318-L.jpg

We stopped for refreshments at Studland and chatted and took in the views before pressing on toward Salisbury again where it was logical to split up and each head in the direction of home, we enjoyed largely traffic free quiet roads and great views although we did experience the odd downpour.
Judge (in search of biking mojo.......) hooning his awesome steed :clap
CA_07031610231335-XL.jpg

Oscar (Captain Slow........) ;)
CA_07031610232849-X2.jpg

CA_07031610233612-XL.jpg

375 miles door to door for me and a great day out :thumby:
Maybe we should make it a regular thing......we could take tents and pitch them behind a pub and have a chat and a beer after the ride, what a great idea I wonder why nobody has ever thought of it :D

good day out and an early bath for me (compared to those going back to wales).

Is the cafe at Old Sarum any good ? Most locals seem to head for Hilltop on the London Rd aka A30, just North of Salisbury.

It's ok. Nice surroundings and usually some aviating going on. I was surprised how fast the service was considering how rammed it was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom