OEM spotlights - can I get a yellow filter?

MondoRich

Reaction score
Hi all, enjoying the sun

I wondered about increasing my visibility distinction by putting yellow filters on my oem spots. Yellow lights are unusual for cagers. Is there a clip- on ?

Any suggestions? Can we buy them?

As it’s sunny, I want yellow lights and I’m drinking wine I’m obviously feeling French xx

You don’t increase visibility.
You do, but not in way you think -

I cant remember the exact science, but its based on the difference from the "norm"

DRL's when they first came onto the market were the first "difference" now that everyone has them, they are just "meh"

So anything that gives the visual difference -gives the edge !!

I think the idea behind yellow lights, at least in France, was that they penetrate fog better than white, like the old sodium street lamps

I cant remember the exact science, but its based on the difference from the "norm"

DRL's when they first came onto the market were the first "difference" now that everyone has them, they are just "meh"

So anything that gives the visual difference -gives the edge !

Not really and not much. IMHO.

But they “look cool” (“tactical” and shit) and if people have to make up a story to justify buying a yellow lens… I won’t be the one stopping them :)

And, yes, the yellow lights were supposedly better in the fog. When I was a kid it was kinda easy to spot the north-east Italian cars as most sported yellow headlights (kinda foggy all the time up there).

Might be something in vehicle construction regulations that specify what color and wattage lights are permitted to be displayed to the front of a vehicle. Spot lights are probably of a much higher wattage than the recent iteration of always on dual purpose indicators.
Alan R

You could put a white flashing strobe, like some cyclists have, on the front and I’m still convinced some wouldn’t see you.

Well I’ve ordered some adhesive film from eBay for £5 so we will see. It peels off if it’s no good.

I think I might be more noticeable riding along as people are not very used to seeing yellow headlights and drl and white headlights are now everywhere and invisible as a result. Fingers crossed and perfectly legal UK

Not really and not much. IMHO.

But they “look cool” (“tactical” and shit) and if people have to make up a story to justify buying a yellow lens… I won’t be the one stopping them :)

And, yes, the yellow lights were supposedly better in the fog. When I was a kid it was kinda easy to spot the north-east Italian cars as most sported yellow headlights (kinda foggy all the time up there).
Tactical - love it 😂😂😂😂

Try this site BMW GS STANZ BITZ , speak to a guy called Stan very helpful I got orange filters for mine .

As it’s sunny, I want yellow lights and I’m drinking wine I’m obviously feeling French xx

You must be feeling very old too, the French did away with yellow lights about the same time that the UK was pleading with Europe to join the Common Market.

Back
Top Bottom