Parador promo

wessie

Reaction score
https://paradores.es/es/especial-2-noches

book 2 or more nights at most Paradors and they are offering 15% off if you take the half board offer. Part of the delight of staying in a Parador is the food so I always dine in. No advance payment. Solo room is about 150 euros a night, half board with 3 course dinner.

This is lower than the Amigos and the over 55 rates I have used in the past. Also lower than the prepay rate and you can cancel up to the day before.

I was going to book accommodation as I go but I have decided to reserve 3 nights in Avila and a couple in Lerma as they are areas I have not visited before. Roads SW of Avila look interesting for day trips, as do the towns.

Prior to Avila, I will have a PM arrival in Santander on 25 Sept and stop in Llanes. A couple of nights in Ponferrada after riding down through Somiedo in Asturias. Loop down to the Portugal border on the way to Avila. Find a scenic route to Lerma then onto somewhere like Aguila de Campoo. Then ride up through the mountains back to Santander.

Christ. Gone are the days when a Parador was a nice, reasonably priced way of staying somewhere different!

I recently stayed 2 nights in an Ibis in St Malo. Hotel with breakfast & parking was over 100 euros a night. Add in the food in local restaurants and I was probably paying 150 euros a night. Nice location on the sea front and very good breakfast but it was an Ibis.

Relatively speaking, Spain remains cheap compared to many parts of Europe, and especially much cheaper than the UK or France.

I can recommend the Parador de Soria; hilltop location, eagles watching you eat your brekkie :D

Love Parador hotels, usually fascinating old buildings tastefully decorated and great food. Well worth the money compared to the usual chains.

Paradors used to be about 19 quid a night until all the knobs thought it would be terriffic to rough it.Now they're just snob clubs I think

Paradors used to be about 19 quid a night until all the knobs thought it would be terriffic to rough it.Now they're just snob clubs I think

Hah! I was in the one at Cervera de Pisuerga last September. The UK Jag club was there, moaning about the food and waiting staff being a bit foreign. They did not seem to understand the difference between a chicken from Waitrose and a gallo (rooster) where the meat was more like venison!

There was a lot of shrieking in a Hyacinth Bucket style.

Thanks for this. Just booked, got the 15% discount, something or another for being an amigo, plus 5% for being over 55!.

The 2 nights thing seems not to come up on the web, but does via your link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom