Pilion pegs removal

I am looking to do the very same thing on my R1200RS

What bolts to fill the holes on the other side and also after taking the pannier supports off?

Sent with a Zen10
For the pannier rails all I did on my 1250 when I took mine off was put the existing bolts back in place with a dab of locktite on them

Why would you want to remove the pillion pegs?

You will only have to refit them or remove the pillion seat come MOT time
Looks and the exhaust is easier to clean. I don't have a pillion seat, MOT in 2 years time ;)

Looks and the exhaust is easier to clean. I don't have a pillion seat, MOT in 2 years time ;)
I don't carry pillions either and have done the same mod. I bought a 2nd-hand bracket from Motorworks as I didn't want to butcher the original. I then cut off the peg, trimmed it up, and had it powder-coated.

This is my version. Also bought a s/h rear seat. Gutted it and used the base for my tail bag (not a fan of tank bags). Bag base is 'sandwiched' between 2 alloy plates and bolted via some nylon spacers to the seat base. I also added a s/h powder-coated GS bash-plate which fits (I think) in well with the front engine guard. The RS is a very nice bike (y) - apart from any weather protection (n)

Attachments

• P1050939.JPG
    P1050939.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 21
  • P1050941.JPG
    P1050941.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 21
  • P1050944.JPG
    P1050944.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 19
  • P1050945.JPG
    P1050945.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 22
I did it a few years ago. Never take a pillion.

Bought a spare RH bracket from one of the breakers online.

Shiny screws fill the empty holes on LHS.

Must go for MOT with my toolbox on the pillion. That job used a spare pillion seat, so still have original pillion cushion.

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_8403.jpegIMG_8401.jpeg

That is a much better looking solution (IMHO) than any of the aftermarket brackets.

Sent with a Zen10

I am looking to do the very same thing on my R1200RS

What bolts to fill the holes on the other side and also after taking the pannier supports off?

Sent with a Zen10

I used a couple of SS mushroom head screws. Cut short. Any 8 mm screw will fill the holes to keep the dirt out.

I didn’t remove any pannier supports.
IMG_6740.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom