Quick question.

E5 all day long. If you keep it fresh there will be no issues even using E10 occasionally, just dont leave it in more than 2 months.

Key thing is if and when you are putting the Suzuki away for winter , then run the tank and carbs dry. Modern fuels even E5 still have ethanol in which is hygroscopic and it causes corrosion in the old 70/80’s mixed metal carbs.

If you want to occasionally run it over winter then use Briggs and Stratton Fuel Fit. That what all the commercial gardener boys use.

E5 all day long. If you keep it fresh there will be no issues even using E10 occasionally, just dont leave it in more than 2 months.

Key thing is if and when you are putting the Suzuki away for winter , then run the tank and carbs dry. Modern fuels even E5 still have ethanol in which is hygroscopic and it causes corrosion in the old 70/80’s mixed metal carbs.

If you want to occasionally run it over winter then use Briggs and Stratton Fuel Fit. That what all the commercial gardener boys use.
I have a gallon of Aspen 4T in my old bike, and Aspen 2T in the Outboard and chainsaw.
Happy to sit in the carbs for 5 years apparently.

Aspen is good but expensive.
The other problem with leaving E10 in, is rusting inside the petrol tank due to water being heavier than fuel. Best get the tank lined if using E10.
Modern rubber tubing is mostly E10 proof so you probably can use it safely but good advice to run it out if storing the bike but put some Aspen in for the last few miles to wash everything through.
You could always remove the ethanol yourself from E10 petrol.
Plenty of videos online to show you how.

Last edited:
How’s everyone with a classic dealing with E10 fuel.
Even in modern bikes, unless it's going to get used straight away I avoid it completely. In fact it's probably best to avoid it altogether.

Back
Top Bottom