Rear caliper rebuild

vee5

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get hold of a replacement slider pin (the one attached to the caliper) for the rear caliper? It's off a 2010 GS. The one attached to the bracket looks like it should clean up OK but this ones toast. Doesn't look like it's listed on realoem... :nenau

script>

Anyone know where I can get hold of a replacement slider pin (the one attached to the caliper) for the rear caliper? It's off a 2010 GS. The one attached to the bracket looks like it should clean up OK but this ones toast. Doesn't look like it's listed on realoem... :nenau

script>
Rub with some emery paper and a light coat of silicone grease it'll be fine.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Emery & grease was def my plan as I cant find any replacement pins. I've got another caliper in MUCH worse condition so I'd prefer a replacement pin for that - does anyone know a source for replacement slider pins?

I thought those pins were an integral part of the bracket or caliper respectively ie nor replaceable.
Just smooth it out and cover with grease (any grease cause its contained by the bellows) - no one will ever know!

I had the same issue on my '08 GSA - couldn't find that slider pin for love or money - even looked to America and Europe where I found an old thread on ADV Rider where someone was making them - then there were questions raised and people slabbering at the guy about the grade of stainless being used and the integrity blah blah blah.. needless to say - no more available.
I had to straighten mine in the vice with a hammer (had been twisted and bent as was seized inside the calliper - then rubbed down and greased - seems to be working great although i have done little to no miles since Covid, but i keep and eye on it every ride.

at least every time you change the pads stick a fresh blob of grease in there prefereably waterproof type, once the sliders become worn mis-shaped enough the pads will become misaligned, less efficient and wear at an angle.

Steptoe has given a good tip some time back. Every now and then, get your foot against the caliper and push it in toward the wheel (remember to operate the rear brake afterwards, before you ride anywhere!!!!)

I now do this - have pretty much since I bought the bike. It basically exercises those sliders and the pistons too...

Doesn't help the op, but my help others. Thank you Steppers!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom