Recommend me a battery for my R100GSPD.

bubbles

Reaction score
I think my battery is on the way out, its been on the bike since I bought it about 6 years ago, it fits the battery tray perfectly has a flat top with flush bungs in the cells so is easy to keep clean. If I could buy one exactly the same I would be very pleased, but trouble is that never seams to be the case so just wondered if anyone could recommend me a good battery which meets all the above criteria.
Oh and its white so it matches the bike :cool:
May even post a picture of it tomorrow.

+1

I've had one on 2 gs's now and they are brill imho :thumb

Unfortunately they aren't white.

Hi Tony and Flipfly, I have the Oddessey on my 80/7 and its too small to fit the battery carrier properly, its an odd shape and I think they say you should only use their charger to trickle charge it. Also it seams to run out of cranking power quick in the cold, but maybe thats because Ive used the wrong charger onit :blast.

If you can wait until the Wee-kend I can get you a battery. I have a trade account with a local motor factor who supplies quality batteries at excellent prices. I got one for Proff's car and even he was pleasantly surprised at both the quality and the price. I bought a new battery for my 1100 last month, it was higher powered 18ah versus 16ah originally and for about half the cost of a BMW one. And its white!

Let me know the exact spec and I'll get a quote for you.

If you can wait until the Wee-kend I can get you a battery. I have a trade account with a local motor factor who supplies quality batteries at excellent prices. I got one for Proff's car and even he was pleasantly surprised at both the quality and the price. I bought a new battery for my 1100 last month, it was higher powered 18ah versus 16ah originally and for about half the cost of a BMW one. And its white!

Let me know the exact spec and I'll get a quote for you.

Hi Sid,

I would be interested as well please :thumb2

Thanks Sid, that sounds good, I will have to take some measurements, not sure what the standard battery amp/hour rating should be.
Have given it a good charge today and it seams to be holding it for now.

Anyway heres a picture as promised, not very exciting I know but its been a goodun and if anyone could identify the make I would be interested.

DSCN5055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom