ROSPA Riding

Overall polish?
As I understand most people on here never even bother washing their bikes let alone polishing them.
What a ridiculous thing to mark someone on on a motorbike riding assessment. The world's gone mad.

Overall polish?
As I understand most people on here never even bother washing their bikes let alone polishing them.
What a ridiculous thing to mark someone on on a motorbike riding assessment. The world's gone mad.
As I understand it, that is your overall demeanour to the road and others on it and a general 'smoothness' thoughout, rather than point and squirt and sudden stops at junctions, looking at the traffic at a roundabout before you get to it rather than once you get to the entrance, not keep on putting your feet down and wobbling when you do because the bike is then not under control - that kind of thing.

As I understand it, that is your overall demeanour to the road and others on it and a general 'smoothness' thoughout, rather than point and squirt and sudden stops at junctions, looking at the traffic at a roundabout before you get to it rather than once you get to the entrance, not keep on putting your feet down and wobbling when you do because the bike is then not under control - that kind of thing.

You had best check.

Room for improvement then Simon.
No one is perfect - everyone can improve more
Absolutely. I got three 4s on the last critical ride, everything else 5s. I am looking for 5s across the board and a gold at least - it isn't worth doing just to pass.

Have you read the Test Guidelines? Link Scroll down and download a pdf.
Refer to How the Examiner decides the grade. Also lots of information on what the Examiner considers. Then if you can get hold of a copy of the list of common errors on test you'l have plenty to work on. Re-reading Roadcraft only goes so far.

Have you read the Test Guidelines? Link Scroll down and download a pdf.
Refer to How the Examiner decides the grade. Also lots of information on what the Examiner considers. Then if you can get hold of a copy of the list of common errors on test you'l have plenty to work on. Re-reading Roadcraft only goes so far.
Thank you. I will find someone who can show me how to download a pdf... if my computer can do it. I have had work send pdfs before and I can't do anything with them, my computer doesn't know what to do with them and I don't know what it doesn't know... technology, an Achilles heel for me.

Thank you. I will find someone who can show me how to download a pdf... if my computer can do it. I have had work send pdfs before and I can't do anything with them, my computer doesn't know what to do with them and I don't know what it doesn't know... technology, an Achilles heel for me.
1) Click on the "Download now" button and it will display it on the website.
or
2) Right click the mouse button on the "Download now" button and then select "save link as". The pdf will be downloaded to you computer. Then you just need to find it and click on it.

I tried to attach it here but it's too big.

1) Click on the "Download now" button and it will display it on the website.
or
2) Right click the mouse button on the "Download now" button and then select "save link as". The pdf will be downloaded to you computer. Then you just need to find it and click on it.

I tried to attach it here but it's too big.
Thanks. I will have a go when I get back this evening.

A lot of observers will tell you the same thing. Don’t agonise over scores on your first few rides…they’re looking for evidence of continual improvement towards a high consistent standard of riding where the associate demonstrates forward planning for observed hazards and riding conditions and practices the techniques outlined in the training manuals. Bike control, positioning, smoothness, legality, safety in mind at all times, right gear etc, all applied to observation and acting on information gleaned as you ride, making a plan and adapting riding to suit, all whilst making reasonable smooth progress. It will come.

It all clicks into place with practice. Enjoy the riding and experience! Your scores are very commendable for initial rides so you obviously have the ability.

Back
Top Bottom