RS Motorcycles / Bemer Bikes

Richard J

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience of these dealers?
I think they are the same place and based in Woodford, North London

Thanks

Their speciality is keeping couriers bike going. It is rough and ready, very low overhead but they are very knowledgable and fundamentally very honest. They will call a spade a spade.
They were very helpful when the ABS brake control unit failed on my R1100RT.

Try using ...

... the 'Search' function and you'll find a wealth of comment, including mine. They can be hard to find as they are at the back of an industrial estate, just look for a mass of Black Cabs, Bemer are to the right :thumb

Their speciality is keeping couriers bike going. It is rough and ready, very low overhead but they are very knowledgable and fundamentally very honest. They will call a spade a spade.
They were very helpful when the ABS brake control unit failed on my R1100RT.

Russel is a good bloke. I've bought quite a few bits & bobs off him.
A lot of the bikes he stocks are rebuilt write off's.... Don't let this put you off as they seem to do a good job on em and doesn't try to hide the history .... (if you ask as straight question)

You still get a few doom mongers saying don't go near them :blagblah:blagblah

I bought a old F650 a couple of years ago, which was fine.
About a year and a half ago i was looking at a 1150GS he had for about 4.5K, I noticed that the colour of the bike didn't match the reg docs and asked him about it, he said something to the effect "oh they must have got it wrong at the DVLA", did a HPI check and turns out the bike was a CAT 3 with the chassis of an adventure and a tank of a 1150. So he was trying to fob be off.

So examine the paperwork and do a HPI. Given the current econmic state, i reckon there should be loads of bikes out there for reasonable prices, so dont rush a purchase. (a mate of mine sold a '07 1200GS with 6K miles for just over £6K in July, thats £2.5K down in less than a year)

They are completely dishonest. I bought a bike from them that was the most worn out I have ever seen. It came with a 2 week old MOT that was clearly the work of someone who hadn't actually seen the bike.

I've been dealing with Russ for over 10 years now, from both his previous workshop in Chingford and the current one in Woodford. Over the years I've had 7 BM's from him, 3 to ride away and 4 projects. Top bloke if you don't go in the the 'BMW' attitude. My current GS was a cat 'c' way back and was repaired by him, 8 years down the line it's still going well, the only issues I've had worth mentioning are:- fairing spider bent on collection, £40 for a new one, paralever bearings replaced at 35000 miles. Otherwise no issues, calls a spade a spade as already mentioned and takes no prisoners if you are being a twat.

You can get hold of Russ on either 0208 550 9200 or 07801 493053. He usually answers one of them :thumb2

The land line hasn't been answered this week and I left a message but I'll give the mobile a go. Cheers for that

bemer bikes have close their london premises and have relocated to snetterton, norfolk

Back
Top Bottom