Service Price

p.joe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Gents, I've got a big Service coming up, on my R1200 GS L.C. ( Oil, filter, plugs, air, Valve clearance, bevel Gear oil...... replace brake fluid (pads not incl.) and I'm wondering what you guys are paying for the likes if you don't mind sharing.

I have got the dealer quote, as i wanted to keep the BMW schedule and book stamped.

May be its just me not knowing as i have always done my own spanner work and thought the dealer price was Serious Wonga.

So i contacted another dealer for same work and it was a lesser amount by a decent bit.. I think it would be unfair to mention names here IMO. so, if anyone wants to PM me that's fine.

Kind Regards P.joe

Gents, I've got a big Service coming up, on my R1200 GS L.C. ( Oil, filter, plugs, air, Valve clearance, bevel Gear oil...... replace brake fluid (pads not incl.) and I'm wondering what you guys are paying for the likes if you don't mind sharing.

I have got the dealer quote, as i wanted to keep the BMW schedule and book stamped.

May be its just me not knowing as i have always done my own spanner work and thought the dealer price was Serious Wonga.

So i contacted another dealer for same work and it was a lesser amount by a decent bit.. I think it would be unfair to mention names here IMO. so, if anyone wants to PM me that's fine.

Kind Regards P.joe
PM sent

Mine was supposed to be about £400 at 24k miles. It then added a bit because altho the valve check was included in the price, mine needed a valve adjust so that went up to ~£520!

I do the oils and filter changes and ask them to do the other stuff they ( Williams bmw ) seem to be okay with that and stamp my service booklet ,however last time they did not reset the service light .the bmw charge just for a oil/ filter worked out at £200 so if you can do that yourself you should be able to save a bit .

I got my LC done around this time last year and it cost €360 this included oil + filter, final drive oil, plugs, valve check, coolant flush, brake fluid flush and front pads plus some software updates and diagnostic check.
The air filter was very clean so it just got a wee blow :whistle:. Needless to say it was not a main dealer.

Mine was supposed to be about £400 at 24k miles. It then added a bit because altho the valve check was included in the price, mine needed a valve adjust so that went up to ~£520!
Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. Your price is reflective of the norm at £400 from what i hear, but would consider £120 expensive to make an adjustment. Anyone using main dealer for any vehicle is going to pay top rate undoubtedly., is it value for money, the jurys out on that one.Two main BMW dealers this side of the pond are €100 euro difference for the same job.
Thanks again for the info safe driving.
Regards P.joe

Kind Regards P.joe

I wouldn’t pay more than £300 all in

I got my LC done around this time last year and it cost €360 this included oil + filter, final drive oil, plugs, valve check, coolant flush, brake fluid flush and front pads plus some software updates and diagnostic check.
The air filter was very clean so it just got a wee blow :whistle:. Needless to say it was not a main dealer.
Thanks Fran for the reply,
I think yours was a decent value for money service from what I've seen and heard. I was quoted from two BMW dealers for the same job exactly with €100 difference.We all know your going to pay top rate for dealer service, but is it value for money, jurys out on that one.
Thanks again for the reply Fran
Safe driving
Regards P.joe

I wouldn’t pay more than £300 all in
Hi Johnny, thanks for the reply.
Yes £300 is enough really for whats involved and any dealer should be able to turn a buck out of it.
Two main BMW dealers this side of the pond quoted me for my mentioned service, and had €100 euro difference for the same work.
We know we are paying top Rate for dealer servicing but is it value for money, jurys out on that one. Thanks again for the info safe driving
Regards P.joe

eadfarmer I’ve done similar here in France, let them do the brake fluid and valve clearances and stamp the book, I did the rest
Hi leadfarmer totally agree, with your practice, do what you can do and bite the bullet with the rest.
Two BMW dealers here quoted me for the same work, and had €100 euro difference in price.
We know we are paying top rate for dealer servicing but is it value for money, jurys out on that one I'm afraid.
Thanks for the reply and safe driving.
Regards P.joe

I do the oils and filter changes and ask them to do the other stuff they ( Williams bmw ) seem to be okay with that and stamp my service booklet ,however last time they did not reset the service light .the bmw charge just for a oil/ filter worked out at £200 so if you can do that yourself you should be able to save a bit .
Hi rovert57, thanks for the reply, yes I totally agree with your practice do what you can do, and bite the bullet with the rest(thats a fair enough arrangement with williams)
I was quoted by twoBMW dealers for the same work with €100 difference between the two.
We all know we are paying Top rate with dealers, but are we getting value for money, the jurys out on that one Im afraid.
Thanks again for the reply safe driving.
Regards P.joe

Back
Top Bottom