Silly pannier question

Pressbrake1

Reaction score
Hello first question here , sorry I’ve searched for answer but…
I’m a poverty spec 2009 1200gs rider
Got rear ended by a bmw car last night breaking the hugger , right hand Vario pannier and the plastic bracket that holds it.
A quick look on eBay sees the fairly useless (for me Vario) making strong money ( I took a settlement from other driver with no idea the Vario had value🤦‍♂️)and the bracket thing unavailable and my local dealer parts department not answering the phone.
My repetitive question is will the gsa kit fit without too much faff . I own a machine shop so making any odds and sods isn’t a problem but I’d rather not
This is the stuff I’m looking at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15561929...Gv4FcMYS_a&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks and sorry

Got rear ended by a bmw car last night breaking the hugger , right hand Vario pannier and the plastic bracket that holds it.
A quick look on eBay sees the fairly useless (for me Vario) making strong money ( I took a settlement from other driver with no idea the Vario had value🤦‍♂️)and the bracket thing unavailable and my local dealer parts department not answering the phone.
My repetitive question is will the gsa kit fit without too much faff . I own a machine shop so making any odds and sods isn’t a problem but I’d rather not
This is the stuff I’m looking at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15561929...Gv4FcMYS_a&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks and sorry
You need to post in the Hexhead area. This is for the later bikes.

Good luck with your search.

A quick look on eBay sees the fairly useless (for me Vario) making strong money ( I took a settlement from other driver with no idea the Vario had value)and the bracket thing unavailable and my local dealer parts department not answering the phone.

Thanks and sorry
Looks like everything is there to bolt straight onto your bike.

If you get some extra lock wafers, you'll also be able to set the locks to open with your bike key. (Plenty YouTube videos show how to)

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Yes my R1200GS 2012 was fitted with a three piece genuine Adventure luggage set when I bought it.

both panniers and the brackets new are around 1200 quid plus another 700 for the top box

the metal stuff and or the vario ones are all serious money - each box has keys to match up and that's another money earner

good quality givi stuff is 500 for a top box with the brakets to mount - basically BMW prices minus 20%

If you get any locks I have wafers I can send you. Just PM me.

Eventually you will find a second-hand set of luggage for a reasonable price (ask me how I know).

good quality givi stuff is 500 for a top box with the brakets to mount ........
I bought a brand new Givi top box which cost less than £50 (including delivery.)

It came with a top plate which bolted directly on to the luggage grid on my 2011 1200GS twin cam.

No brackets required and a lot more than 20% saved over the exorbitant cost of a BMW itrem.

Claim off the third party (presumably to blame) and mend it with new BMW parts.

I have a set of Vario pannier rails, PM if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks and sorry
That lot will bolt straight on.
Couple of mates have vario panniers. They are ok but I like my metal adventure panniers because of the top loading. Makes it much simpler to load. Just drop your bags in and shove other stuff in then simply close the lid. It's a faff loading the side opening panniers. Unless you do what smug from here did in Iceland and took them off the bike and layed them down to load them before putting them back on the bike. clever bloke 😁
There are useful hooks on the lids too to attach other bits and pieces. Such as using them for my Oxford tailpack on my rear luggage plate in place of the back seat.

Thanks for the replies
I messed up as the woman offered me money not to go through the insurance and after having a good bike written off and loosing money I was open to it . Unfortunately I didn’t notice the cut rear tyre .
I bought a slightly unpleasant pannier and top box kit from eBay for £650 . A week later a right hand VARIO and bracket appeared for £150🤦‍♂️
That said much much more useful for equipment I carry for work.

Unfortunately searching eBay every night resulted in me buying a 2017 gsa , I don’t know what clicked in my head!
Hopefully Mrs will let me keep old faithful for work

Back
Top Bottom