Steptoe cat code plug

dub 24

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey folks
While doing a few bits on the bike today I noticed the jumper relay was in the following position picture 1 and on searching the cat code plug posts I see the pins are in a different position ie the second picture . I didn't move it and never copped it wasn't the same as the post so stupid question does it make a difference and if so could somebody take a minute to explain it to a thick like me. By the way my bike has been decatted has a Y piece and a Remus and is hill topped is this relevant

Many thanks

Dub 24

Attachments

• attachment-4.jpg
    attachment-4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,218
  • 20190323_171130.jpg
    20190323_171130.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 1,068
Hi Dub, That jumpering ( 30 & 87 ) according the BMW Motronic is used on a R850 & R1150 bike with CAT... yellow plug :thumb2

Don't ask me to explain though :rolleyes:

Cheers mspenz for the reply unfortunately even with my glasses I still can't read the numbers so I take it mine is in the wrong positions
Cheers
Dub 24

Cheers mspenz for the reply unfortunately even with my glasses I still can't read the numbers so I take it mine is in the wrong positions
Cheers
Dub 24

You need to read the numbers from the bottom of the CAT plug ( or any relay ? ) as it would fit if that makes sense ?

What bike do you have and is it CAT etc...the jumper might be ok.

Cheers mspenz
I have done a bit of googling and came across this picture on ADV Rider and am now even more confused.

Looking at this diagram my jumper is plugged into 30 which is A and 87 which is C and in Steptoe's post his Jumper is plugged into 30 again which is A and 87a which is D does this make a difference ? .

I have also noticed on the picture that certain combinations of the letters relate to colours which I presume are plugs ?
If so Steptoe's location is Beige and my combination is yellow . What does that mean

Cheers and thanks for your patience

Attachments

• dirtridder_CCPjumperpinsnumbered_zpsbfb87ad3.jpg
    dirtridder_CCPjumperpinsnumbered_zpsbfb87ad3.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 1,001
Cheers mspenz
I have done a bit of googling and came across this picture on ADV Rider and am now even more confused.

Looking at this diagram my jumper is plugged into 30 which is A and 87 which is C and in Steptoe's post his Jumper is plugged into 30 again which is A and 87a which is D does this make a difference ? .

I have also noticed on the picture that certain combinations of the letters relate to colours which I presume are plugs ?
If so Steptoe's location is Beige and my combination is yellow . What does that mean

Cheers and thanks for your patience

The 'Steptoe Link' is the hidden combination and works best for a non CAT bike fitted with a Remus type Y-piece and similar end can..so apart from down pipes everything else is non standard..although this combination often works well without any CAT plug or link wire.

I mentioned in post #2 that your current set up is equivalent to having a yellow CAT plug fitted but that depends on your bike and exhaust set up ? :D

I'm off for some chilli and Netflix now :D

Cheers mate enjoy and thanks again

@mspenz @Roger 04 RT

Thanks so much for your replies. I just went out and changed the configuration of my Jumper to Steptoe's configuration this morning and the bike is definitely smoother and has less surging. I will plug in a GS-911 when I can get hold of one to see what software is installed.

Cheers and thanks again
Dub 24

Back
Top Bottom