Those who've already made the trip ... or are planning to do so?

Sobering indeed, considering over a million Mongolians live in the capital I can't see either them or the rural community benefitting from mineral exploitation. Perhaps a few roads......

I just hope they're not mislead with great expectations and they are a resilient race ...""But if I make some money I'll use it to buy more animals," he said as he crouched in his leaking ger. "Mongolia without herders is unimaginable."

Sobering indeed, considering over a million Mongolians live in the capital I can't see either them or the rural community benefitting from mineral exploitation. Perhaps a few roads......

I just hope they're not mislead with great expectations and they are a resilient race ...""But if I make some money I'll use it to buy more animals," he said as he crouched in his leaking ger. "Mongolia without herders is unimaginable."

I spent a short time riding though Botswana a few years back and remember hearing from villagers about how the government had sold extensive diamond prospecting and mining rights to foreign companies. The cash rewards were now flowing to both the companies and the government under the terms of the deals made. Had the quality of life of these villagers and their children significantly improved? Not one iota.

Nothing intrinsically wrong with foreign multinationals bringing their technology and capital to developing countries ... providing the host government ensures that all of their share of the financial proceeds of the 'collaboration' go directly towards raising the living standards of the most needy of their population ..... not .... to line a few politico's pockets.

Erm sorry to say but..... the UK had an empire once.
That's business. Just think of the opium situation in China in the 1800's.
Still doesn't make it right though.:comfort

Thought the word polititions was another word for legalised mafia,lol:ronno

Back
Top Bottom