Where to stay 100 miles south of Calais

Ibis is your friend for stopovers like that.

Amongst many, I used the one in St Omer centre a couple of years ago traveling towards Germany (leaving in the eve from London). A bit too close to Calais for your plan maybe, but nice small town for a beer and some shut eye. Semi secure parking too.

If you want Rural charm, peace and quiet then I can recommend here https://www.booking.com/Share-1KQHK8. We stayed June last year. No bar, no restaurant or anything at all for that matter within walking distance but it was a beautifully done building. It’s a horsey kind of place. We took a picnic and wine for the evening and they provide a great, umm, continental breakfast. Oh and the lady who runs it is gorgeous and a bit flirty in that feminine French way. I was in love.

I use the Logis Hotels map to find places.
Have treid the following 2 places:
La Cour de Remi, concerted stables in the grounds of a large chateau. Very peaceful, huge rooms and a great restaurant attached. Parking prefect in front of the hotel.
Le Relais des Dalles. Very nice cosy rooms and a superb restaurant. A bit further than the 100 miles though. Its about 250 km
Both a bit off the beaten track and not the cheapest but well worth it f you´re looking for a quiet relaxing stay with a nice evening dinner.

I stayed in the Florence in Saint Quentin last November and I'm booked to stay again in August this year. Decent hotel with courtyard parking. I'd ridden from Durham to the tunnel, so the extra 100 miles or so was enough for one day. We went to Le Golden Pub on the night, good food and beer, about 10 minutes walk from the hotel.

Yes, I've used that pub a few times as well. They have Cuvée des Trolls on tap. 7% ABV. Trois pintes of that and you sleep soundly.

Ibis in Amiens, lots of nice resturants by the river Somme a light show at the Catherderal every night and handy to WW1 sites if you want and the prison whose wall was blown out by a couple of Mosquitoes in WW2 "Operation Jericho".

Look at the Mercure St. Omer Centre Gare. Few minutes walk from the town centre, secure outdoor parking, nice Italian eatery within 5 minutes walk.

Perhaps the OP could let the UKGSer massive, know what he has in mind by way of a hotel for the night? An F1? A chain? A bijou gem, known only to a select few? The George Cinque?
A bijou gem would be good :). inside the Red tram lines would be perfect

1. Logis Hotel la Sapiniere, though it is closer to St Omer, so might be too close to Calais. I haven't stayed there for a few years but it was OK when I did.​

2. Logis Auberge du Colombier but, it is close to Guines, so again, maybe too close to Calais for you. I have never stayed there but I took a little excursion last year to see what it looked like. It looks OK, if that's you thing. Reviews look OK.

It all depends on what you have in mind when you say, 'within 100 miles of Calais'. Both hotels are definitely well within 100 miles of Calais as that (as the circle shows) is a bloody long way and embraces lots of towns but if the outer edge of the 100 miles circle is the defining distance (ie nothing too far inside the circle) then neither hotel will work.

Your turn now.

1. Logis Hotel la Sapiniere, though it is closer to St Omer, so might be too close to Calais. I haven't stayed there for a few years but it was OK when I did.
Must have been sometime since you wee there Richard; we stayed there back end of 2022 on our way back from our tour of Normandy and it was not very good. Rooms very tired looking and food was dreadful although very pricey. Could well have changed again for the better but we weren't impressed.

Must have been sometime since you wee there Richard; we stayed there back end of 2022 on our way back from our tour of Normandy and it was not very good. Rooms very tired looking and food was dreadful although very pricey. Could well have changed again for the better but we weren't impressed.

Logis Hotel la Sapiniere

I would say 10 years or more. Hey-ho, strike it off the list, quite happily.

:beerjug:

Bremicourt it is

No secret

I have P Md my thanks to the member who suggested this

Thanks again ........... I will send postcards

Last edited:
Bremicourt it is

I have P Md my thanks to the member who suggested this

Well inside the 100 mile circle, at 50 miles.

Guessing that is Bermicourt and this is, perhaps, the hotel:

Come on, don’t be shy.

:beerjug:

Bermicourt is the correct spelling, I always get it wrong and that is the Logis hotel where we have stayed recently. We loved it. I have attached a couple of photos of the place below so anyone interested; highly recommendable. Taking the Mrs there for a long weekend end March. Restaurant on one side and rooms on the other side of the courtyard. Lovely and quiet!..... And a bit of history. Look out for the WW1 tank memorial in the carpark. The Chateau of Bermicourt was HQ to the tank regiment during WW1. The Château is owned by the people that run the restaurant and hotel. Its clearly being renovated and the Hotel / restaurant ae in the old outbuildings / stables
cheers

IMG_7762.JPGIMG_7763.JPGIMG_7765.JPGIMG_7767.JPGIMG_7768.JPGIMG_7775.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom