Winter gloves

Just fitted some Acerbis hand guards to the RS. Should make some difference to cold weather riding :) More importantly, they ought to help keep gloves a little dryer so I can use the heated grips with the goretex gloves...

These ones acutally look pretty good on the bike.....
from Nippy Normans

100682.jpg
How long do they take to fit (and remove in springtime)?

Been out over the last week or so a few times an although not much lower than 9/10 degrees these givi's are perfect, not had the heated grips on above 1 as warm enough with summer gloves and muffs alone. I would think in freezing weather these will be spot on..

The ones from NN I see you need to remove hands from muffs on the RHS to work controls which looks like a PIA not sure about the left but assume that as thats the indicators/horn etc thats not the case..

Anyhow happy with my choice, cheers for the help..

I bought a pair of BMW Silvretta gloves in the local dealers half price sale a few weeks ago. Initial impressions after a few coldish and wet rides are positive. Yes, they are a little bulky, but the leather on the palms is starting to shape nicely and the synthetic is starting to soften. More importantly, they fit me perfectly and are keeping my pinkies warm and dry. Coldest ride so far was around the + 4 deg mark.

I've been looking at buying some heated gloved this winter.
Id prefer the wired to the bike kind, as swapping batteries is a faff i could do without, plus they would probably go flat 100 miles from home knowing my luck.

Must admit i hadn't considered muffs 🤔
Been using Gerbings for years changed my life on the bike

Been using Gerbings for years changed my life on the bike
Yes Mike, they are a game changer, I bought some a few weeks ago, very impressed as they are very warm gloves in their own right without the heating switched on. They have made instructing in cold weather much more comfortable.

What i find with all gloves though is the sizing is off
They tell you measure round your hand and that's your size, so you order and buggers don't fit lol
I really like my summer gloves (Knox Orsa OR3 Textile MK3) which are 2XL but when i get another make in 2XL i cant even get my hand in!
I need to go into a shop and try some Gerbings on, its a day out as there is nothing local.

What i find with all gloves though is the sizing is off
They tell you measure round your hand and that's your size, so you order and buggers don't fit lol
I really like my summer gloves (Knox Orsa OR3 Textile MK3) which are 2XL but when i get another make in 2XL i cant even get my hand in!
I need to go into a shop and try some Gerbings on, its a day out as there is nothing local.
I found the Gerbing measurement chart to be accurate.

Back
Top Bottom