WW1 Somme waypoints for Garmin

I've transferred some (247) POIs from a paper map (Maj & Mrs Holts) into mapsource. How can I attach the file to the thread to share these with other interested GSers ?
Ta
Roy

If you email it to me, I'll do it. Thanks for your efforts and sharing them :thumb2

Address below......

whatton (at) gmail.com

I don't know if you guys know of POIEdit and all the POI's you can download on it, but would you be willing to publish your hard work so that it can see the files? (I don't have the details of howto to hand, but I guess it's not rocket science...)

Off to France for the weekend, wasn't sure where but this might help the decision process :thumb

Dave

Somme POI's emailed to Mr. Whatton, they're transfered from a paper map and might not be exactly spot on, but near enough to find. The Holt's guides are a worthwile accessory.
Cheers
Roy

As per above :thumb2

Attachments

• Somme Waypoints.gdb
    25.2 KB · Views: 222
I can't open the file - Mapsource is telling that the file is saved in a later version than I have - V6.11.6

Dave

I can't open the file - Mapsource is telling that the file is saved in a later version than I have - V6.11.6

Dave

Try checking for Mapsource updates :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot022.jpg
    ScreenShot022.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 339
When I try updating to v 6.10.2 I get this message - any ideas?

Hi Twotter et All,
How could I have missed the pipers memorial ! Here it is: N50 01.570 E2 48.189

I've got the Ypres, Verdun and Normandy 'Holts' guides (highly recommended)on order from amazon so I'll be doing them next.

Ta
Roy

Roy, that's a fantastic file! Many thanks for taking the time for putting it together - and I'll look forward to more ;)

A beer or three is owed :beerjug:

Brilliant Roy :clap

My brother and I visited Ypres & the Somme last June. Superb trip in wonderful weather.

We're heading off to visit the sites of Operation Market Garden this June and hopefully visit Normandy later in the year.

Me and No.1 favorite son Rory did the Somme and the Begonia Rally (Norton owners Flanders) last August. He started off with the attitude 'Boooring old war stuff' and ended up with a real facination for the history.
After a ride out to Tyne Cot, returning back to the Rally site a couple of the lads from the N London NOC chalanged Rory to kick start their 750 Commando's with a Beer as the prize, The little b'stard kick started both first time! Not bad for a 12 year old.....thats my boy!! and he did get the beers:beerjug:

Roy

Back
Top Bottom