New Zumo 400

ebbo

Reaction score
Seems Garmin are soon to launch another Zumo, the Zumo 400
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Blogs&op=showBlog&idBlog=18#Blog145

Quote from the above page...
Zumo 400
The new zumo 400 was also being shown but without a press release. This the new ‘entry level’ PND specifically for motorbikes. Featuring a SiRF Star III GPS receiver, pre-loaded regional mapping, fully waterproof, built-in mp3 player, picture viewer and the ability to export and review your travels in Google Earth. The zumo interface has been specifically designed to be ‘glove-friendly’ and includes a motorcycle mount.

I'd be interested in a Zumo 600+ :thumb

Seems Garmin are soon to launch another Zumo, the Zumo 400
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Blogs&op=showBlog&idBlog=18#Blog145

Quote from the above page...
Zumo 400
The new zumo 400 was also being shown but without a press release. This the new ‘entry level’ PND specifically for motorbikes. Featuring a SiRF Star III GPS receiver, pre-loaded regional mapping, fully waterproof, built-in mp3 player, picture viewer and the ability to export and review your travels in Google Earth. The zumo interface has been specifically designed to be ‘glove-friendly’ and includes a motorcycle mount.

I'd be interested in a Zumo 600+ :thumb

I wonder what difference between 400 and 500/550? Without bluetooth facility?

Can anyone confirm whether the 500, and 400, has less internal memory compared to the 550? i.e. similar scenario to the Quest vs Quest 2, you can't fit all of Europe onto the former.

Also I understand that the SD card can't be used for mapping, only routes, MP3s etc. Is that correct :nenau

Anyone seen a Zumo 400 in the shops or available online yet?

Halfords have them listed at £349 online, so I'd expect other online stores to sell it for £300-ish (I don't need the bluetooth on the 500/550 and I already have the Euro map DVD and unlock code which came with SWMBO's Nuvi 310).

Gentlemen,, before you make a final decision..

I am a big fan of Garmin.. had em for years and LOVED the 550 Zuno.. right up to the point that it failed to turn on !!

Did a search around and I am not the only one to have had it happen to..
Will report further on Monday after speaking to Garmin ( who are usually quite helpful :) )

Gentlemen,, before you make a final decision..

I am a big fan of Garmin.. had em for years and LOVED the 550 Zuno.. right up to the point that it failed to turn on !!

Did a search around and I am not the only one to have had it happen to..
Will report further on Monday after speaking to Garmin ( who are usually quite helpful :) )

Happened to my 550 when it was 6 weeks old. Called Garmin who told me to send it back as they were(are?) experiencing battery problems. 5 days later a brand new 550 arrived in its box with all the kit, discs etc. Excellent customer service. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom