Zumo & Coordinates

Fudpucker

Reaction score
I have taken the following coordinates from Google Earth. Its a address in France thats not listed in Map source. I know it exists, Its my mates sisters. Can see it as clear as day on GE. Plan a run over later this year. Problem is when I enter them it comes up with a different location on my Zumo to whats showing on GE. The coordinates are Lat 43* 40'05.30 N. Long 1* 14'23.24 E. Could it be Zumo format of Northing's and Westing's or is that the same as the coordinates I mentioned ?
I have still not managed to get GE to detect my Zumo. (Earlier post). Any help would be very much appricated......F
PS. As a matter of interest I contacted Garmin over a week ago and still not had a reply. Is that normal ?

It is latitude and longitude in degrees, minutes and seconds

(standard is degrees, minutes and decimal minutes)

Go to Where to - coordinates - format - change to 'hddd mm ss.s'

IS your Zumo using the same datum as Google Earth? I presume GE is WGS84. If you use a different datum you could be several hundred meters off.

Problem is when I enter them it comes up with a different location on my Zumo to whats showing on GE. The coordinates are Lat 43* 40'05.30 N. Long 1* 14'23.24 E
The most likely explanation is that you have mixed degrees, minutes and seconds with decimal degrees. Take a look at this post which, although it relates to MapSource, should help.

An update to firmware 3.20 gives you more options.
Together with the correct settings in GE you can gave exactly the same coordinates.

Back
Top Bottom