using phone with Garmin 2820

gsman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I have a Garmin 2820, which I have successfully paired with my Nokia 6820. When I switch on the gps it picks up the phone and I am able to access my phone book through the GPS. When I receive a call the call shows on the gps screen and I can hear it ringing through my autocom headset but won't let me answer as it thinks I have no microphone and headset connected. I have an autocom unit not the latest model fitted to the bike.
I have tried connecting the phone by an adapter to the autocom, but then the GPS disconnects the phone.

Any help would be welcome

Have...

Can anyone help me? I have a Garmin 2820, which I have successfully paired with my Nokia 6820. When I switch on the gps it picks up the phone and I am able to access my phone book through the GPS. When I receive a call the call shows on the gps screen and I can hear it ringing through my autocom headset but won't let me answer as it thinks I have no microphone and headset connected. I have an autocom unit not the latest model fitted to the bike.
I have tried connecting the phone by an adapter to the autocom, but then the GPS disconnects the phone.

you got the split lead, produced by Autocom it has 3 connectors, this lead plugs into your Autocom and into the mic socket on the GPS and a third connector which plugs into the audio socket on the GPS lead....:D Hope that makes sense. FRom Autocom Web Site Autocom Part No 1298 Garmin 2820 GPS Lead £28

You definitely need a bespoke cable as mentioned above. I can't see one listed specifically for a pre-2006 Autocom + 2820. Ring the factory to check and they will then take your order - tailor-making one if necessary.

Do let us know the part number they send so that we can help others with your problem.

Hope this helps.

John

The Part 1298 is a universal part, the only parts that we need to know of which systems are being used are our Zumo leads and our new Bluetooth adaptors.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom