Zumo Headset volume solved

krisumo

I had some problems with the Zumo, which I posted a few weeks ago. I could hardly hear the nav instructions with all the volume controls at maximum. I first solved it using a Maplin £4.99 D-ring earpiece plugged into a 3.5mm stereo to mono adaptor (£1.29), which seemed pretty good.

I then got some tips about the Senheiser CX300, which I have'nt tried, and also the Scala Rider headset, which I have bought.

I wanted to hook up the phone with the Zumo, and the Scala Rider seems to have done the trick. The only trouble is that occasionally the Scala Rider disconnects itself, for no apparent reason and has to be re-enabled. Has anyone had the same experience, or know why that should happen? Could it be anything to do with the passwords, and can you change the passwords from the factory set ones? ie, does it get interference from other bluetooth devices enroute?

There's quite a bit on this Zumo Forum about disconnects. It seems to be an issue with the Zumo Bluetooth Stack, which is written by a third party company.

Mine disconnects less now I've downloaded the 3.2 software, if that's any help....

Good to hear from you again Slowdown. Thanks for that. I have the 3.2 update, and I've only had the Scala Rider and the new phone a couple of days so I'll see how it goes. Cheers.

Good to hear from you again Slowdown. Thanks for that. I have the 3.2 update, and I've only had the Scala Rider and the new phone a couple of days so I'll see how it goes. Cheers.
do you wear earplugs? How is the volume through the plugs?

krisumo;947922. The only trouble is that occasionally the Scala Rider disconnects itself said:
Mine does the same. never drops the connection to the phone (Sony Ericsson), but keeps switching the Scala off. Also running v3.2.

Interestingly, if I pair the scala direct to the phone, it never drops the connection.

Dont think it's password related.

Dale

Zumo Volume/Scala Disconnect

Hi Jimswims,
Yep, I wear earplugs, and with the Maplins D-ring earpiece headset, the volume is fine. With Scala Rider, you just have to make sure that the velcrowed earphone is right by your ear, which I found took a bit of trial and error, but it's also fine.

Thanks for that Dale,
I'll try pairing the Scala to the phone, like you said. I'm using a Nokia N70. By the way I don't get trouble with phone disconnection, just with the Scala.

If I happen to notice the Zumo screen comes up with a message like "Device is disconnecting", or if I don't then it just goes horribly quiet. When I then select Bluetooth, the dot next to Scala Rider is white and the black dot is next to Add device.

I run an iTech Clip III headset with earplugs and it works for me. Over 60 Ican only hear the 'bongs' but that's ok.

It doesn't seem to disconnect unless I'm in traffic (M25). I do wonder if there's a problem with interferance with other peoples bluetooth connections but I don't know enough about bluetooth...:confused:

Back
Top Bottom