iQue M5/Zumo 550/Mapsource

GreyArea

I'm having a little problem, having got a new Zumo 550 (including City Navigator NT V9 with 25 character code) to replace my existing iQue M5 and unlocked City Select V6:

Uninstalled original City Select V6 and Mapsource.
Installed new City Navigator V9 and Mapsource.
Connected Zumo 550 and did all the unlock code thing using the 25 character code supplied.
Tested transfers of maps, routes, waypoints etc. to and from the Zumo - everything working perfectly, so far so good...

Then connected my iQue M5 and attempted to transfer Map selections etc. New version of Mapsource would not transfer maps to the iQue despite the Mapsource documentation stating that it should.
OK I thinks, maybe I need to do the unlock thing for the iQue. So I use the unlock wizard and the iQue unit ID to get a new unlock code - which is successful because I can now see it in my account in http:\\my.garmin.com.
Tried again to transfer maps selections from Mapsource to the iQue - still no go. It will however allow transfer of waypoints!?
Looking at the list of unlock codes/devices in Mapsource shows that it knows all about both devices and has codes for them but despite the documentations assurances it will not transfer maps to the iQue!!!
Everything is at the latest version and iQue has latest 2.6 unit software update.
Wot the blinking flip is going on???

I have the MemoryMap OS stuff on the iQue M5 for walking/cycling etc. and I want to keep the Garmin/maps functionality working on it to get me there without having to take the Zumo.

Before I spend half the day on-hold on the Garmin support line I thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas.

Sorry all, CANCEL that question...

Had a hunt around the Garmin compatability area and discovered that CN NT V9 is compatable with iQue M3 and M4 but NOT M5!!!(?):confused: . M5 need non-NT version for some reason only known to Garmin!

I will have to reload from the old City Select V7 maps I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom