DRZ400s insurance - model classification

rocks

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have bought a DRZ400S.. but H&R Insurance in Aberdeen (insure the gs for me and my car) have only got an SY and Y classifications for the DRZ400.

They have quoted using the SY.. so anyone else come across this? I though the models were S and E and later the SM for super moto.

He service manual says s2k i believe.

H&R insurance

H&R have done me great service over the years. but they seem to be only able to find the SY and Y classiciations. Strange.. for such a big insurance dealer..

Insurance sorted..

Wreford.. indeed i chased them again, they got onto the underwriters and whaallla.. the SY, Y and S2k are all the same class and are on their list.
So finally covered tpft for the moment till i can source a dual combo for the gs and DRZ..

Now i just have to collect the bugger from biddilph. This is going to be fun.. trailer and lots of straps time.. and much ummming and arrrhhhing me thinks..

Now i just have to collect the bugger from biddilph. This is going to be fun.. trailer and lots of straps time.. and much ummming and arrrhhhing me thinks..

You can always borrow my sidecar:D :jes

Got it..

Well the trailer didnt want to play ball so I road it home..
Was quite comfortable :eek: considering.. and boy does it pull.. :thumb

Got to drop the oil, and get her cleaned up a little and re-grease a few things. Sitting for a year has not done much good looks wise, but apart from having to do apply a little copper slip to the front brake piston, went like a dream.

Just off out to A&Ds to get an oil filter and oil..
e0b1_1.jpg

The can is LOUD! Was getting to me, even with ear plugs.. lol.

She aint pretty...

Eh Septic I have never ridden a HP2 or any other modern trails bike.. other than this DRZ.. but its have an airbox mod, stage one spring/needle fitted and race pipe and it would easily dump me on my butt if I gave it a hand full in first and likely second gear.

During the entire 50 mile route home from collection I never gave it more than 1/4 throttle. Its Loud.
Save the pennies, forget the HP2 and get one of these.. :D I was grinning from ear to ear when I got her home and that was just on the road. May not be pretty, may not be newest toy on the market, but will keep me smiling for a long time.

drz000.jpg

drz003.jpg

Oh yes, having ridden this bike only twice now.. how do people ride those huserburgy things eh?? Half the weight and more horses.. :eek:

PS photos just after I washed her. Water is hiding the dents, dings, scrapes and rust.. awwww I lurv yellow bikes. :hug

Back
Top Bottom