CN V9 Base map to Overzoom NO DETAIL

GUZZZI

Reaction score
I have just loaded a set of maps frrom V9 about 1.6Mb to my 2610 on a 2Gb CF card however it seem there is no detail mapping it goes from base map at 5 miles to overzoom at 3 miles. while trying it out on my return from work it wanted to send me 10 miles up a motorway i dont need to my village where there isn't even a junction to get off!:blast
The question is have i somehow loaded it wrong or is this a fault or can i change a setting on the 2610 ????:confused:
If anyone can help it would be great !

IIRC you can select maps that you want to use, if the mapping you want isn't selected, it wont show :(

Can't remember how to do it, probably in the manual somewhere :cool:

I have just loaded a set of maps frrom V9 about 1.6Mb to my 2610 on a 2Gb CF card however it seem there is no detail mapping it goes from base map at 5 miles to overzoom at 3 miles.

Are you sure you've actually loaded maps to the GPS as 1.6Mb is v.small amount of data. For example the UK is approx 180Mb of data in total (CN9 non-NT).

Peter

My mistake, its actually 1705MB, yeah I think its all on there I loaded everything bar spain. nothing against the spanish:guitarist

I think the answers is that you haven't loaded the maps.

On the unit, go to info and see what the mapset name is. If it says that the maps are not available, you only have base mapping.

If maps are available you possibly haven't selected all the ones you thought.

Thanks MikeP, Yes i hav bin a dough nut. :blast still learning, but its good to know there are freinds out there to help

Thanks MikeP, Yes i hav bin a dough nut. :blast still learning, but its good to know there are freinds out there to help

I only thought it was likely because I did exactly that when I first had a satnav!

The difference was that I was in deepest France when I realised (thankfully Clive was there and he, being bit of a computer boffin, hadn't done something as stupid :eek: ).

Back
Top Bottom