2610 mount for GS1200

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just acquired a 2nd hand 2610. It was used in a car, can anyone recommend a mount? The Motorrad concepts looks good - any thoughts?

And what else do I need - power cable? PC link?

thanks for your help

I have the Motorrad Concepts mount on my 12GSA and I am very pleased with it. It is well made and does the job perfectly!

I have the MC mount too.
Excellent piece of kit, very well made and puts the GPS in exactly the right position.
Lloyd

I use a Migsel mount with Ram arm and diamond plate fitted on Garmin 2610 bracket. All works perfectly for me and Migsel's kit is the DB's :thumb

I have the lockable Touratech mount. It's expensive but really good. I got myself a crossbar on my 12GS and mounted it straight to it (you can also use a ram mount to attach it, but as the ram mounts are "quick release" the locking part is rendered completely useless). I wouldn't trust locking it up overnight in a public place, but it's enough to deter thieves at petrol stations etc.

Cable-wise, You'll need power/audio leads for it. Are you plugging it into an autocom system? If so you'll need the audio cable for that (I think it's No. 1294 off the top of my head). There's a Garmin lead for bikes that does both power and audio which you'll need anyway I should think.

I have a MC mount which is very good. One gotcha... it is not compatible with tobinators.

I tried tobinators and they did nothing for me so I am delighted with the mount.

If you want Motorrad Concepts will do the wiring for you for a pile of cash

thanks everyone - I picked up a MC mount now, but hadn't realised it wouldn't work with tobnators - I've got a set but not fitted as yet - is it a clearance problem.

Now working out which cradle is needed and/ or ram mount? is a ram mount needed or does say Garmin cradle bolt straight to the MC mount?

thanks everyone - I picked up a MC mount now, but hadn't realised it wouldn't work with tobnators - I've got a set but not fitted as yet - is it a clearance problem.

Now working out which cradle is needed and/ or ram mount? is a ram mount needed or does say Garmin cradle bolt straight to the MC mount?

I fitted a Ram cradle to the MC mount but had to drill and tap two additional 5 mm holes. The Garmin cradle bolts straight on

Is it secure?

Could anybody comment on how secure this is? I am particularly wondering whether it could be stolen during a petrol stop, or is there some way it slows down thieves? I am just about to fit the exact same setup.

If you use the MC mount and the garmin cradle with the security screw done up, there's no way there nicking that at a petrol stop.

You cant get the cradle off without taking the garmin out first.
You can't take the MC mount without taking the screen off or by having the time and the tools to undo the pivot point.
And with the security screw done up that garmin ain't coming off unless you never want to use it again.

Back
Top Bottom