More V9 problems

Red Mick

Reaction score
I did mention this on another thread, but thought I'd start a new one :)

I've got the update disc, but I keep getting stuck. The instructions after everything is loaded say I've got to re-install Mapsource :nenau . The only thing I can think to do is do the re-install and repair function. This goes OK until a screen which says "on the following screen, enter your code numbers" (or words to that effect). But that's where everything stops, the next screen doesn't appear. :mad: Anyone else had this and got around it?

I've e-mailed Garmin with the problem, with no response as yet, but I seem to remember that there's a 'phone number we can use???

I'd have a pop at uninstalling the lot and trying again.

I'd have a pop at uninstalling the lot and trying again.
That's what the repair function does. The screen sits there doing nothing, there is a 'Next' button, but when pressed a little box appears which says there's a problem with the UnlockWizard registry. Please re-install UnlockWizard and try again.

I just tried removing v9, then re-installing v8, but I got the same message about UnlockWizard registry :confused: :confused:

Sorted

I 'phoned Garmin and they guided me through the registry thing, which made progress, then it turns out my unit serial number is not the same as the one on the yellow paper :nenau :nenau Anyhow, they reckon it's their problem so they've given me new numbers and everything seem honky dory as they say. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom