To Quest or not

2 zed

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I have found a brand new Quest 1 for £174.99 and was wondering if I could do better for my money, just watched a second hand 2610 go for over 300.00 so thats out, I need it to cover a route through France, Germany, Austria and Italy and I dont know if 243mb would cope. Thanks in advance.

GPS numpty and virgin.:bow

Post your route/places you intend to visit and someone will no doubt have a look in Mapsource to see how many map tiles/memory it takes up.

Good bit of kit the Quest 1 :thumb2

Hi, I have found a brand new Quest 1 for £174.99 and was wondering if I could do better for my money, just watched a second hand 2610 go for over 300.00 so thats out, I need it to cover a route through France, Germany, Austria and Italy and I dont know if 243mb would cope. Thanks in advance.
I did a trip across France, Germany, Austria and into Italy (Lake Garda) last year with a friend who was using a Quest 1 and CN V8. He did include a couple of day-rides which required a bit of extra space but overall he managed to sqeeze in all he needed, although he did have to leave out the UK and perhaps a little of northern France.

So, depending upon where you're going in Italy you should be OK - just!

I noticed the cheap quests at gpsw... would a quest be an upgrade from my street pilot III ?
is it faster/more memory/better?

i know its physically a lot smaller

am running v.8 on my spIII and cant even get the whole of the UK on the memory card.

thanks

how much

I did a trip across France, Germany, Austria and into Italy (Lake Garda) last year with a friend who was using a Quest 1 and CN V8. He did include a couple of day-rides which required a bit of extra space but overall he managed to sqeeze in all he needed, although he did have to leave out the UK and perhaps a little of northern France.

So, depending upon where you're going in Italy you should be OK - just!

Currently planning a trip down to the Dolomites, from Rotterdam, on the Quest 1. Including all the route down plus enough maps for a week there it comes to 200MB with CN9 (no UK but think I can find the way to Hull :) ). So space to spare :D

Incidentally well worth getting CN9 instead of CN8 as the map tiles are smaller which means less information is required for any route down to your destination, space which can then be used to enlarge the area covered around your destination.

Peter

Quest

That's excellent thanks very much for all your info I reckon the Quest will do just nicely, the ad says you get a free v9 upgrade as well. I think I might just go for one. :thumb2 :thumb2

Don't forget to factor in the cost of the motorcycle mount.

Mutts Nutts

I have a Quest 1 on the powered mount and linked through Autocom
Did a corridor of France Southern Germany and Austria as well as top of Dolomites just under the 243mb capacity
Magic piece of kit has never let me down accuracy is superb just need to update to V9 as Im still running on V7
Signal re acquisition is good as well as re routing Pretty simple to use
Mine is several yrs old being one of the first available used to use it whilst couriering
Like the fact I can put it in my pocket when I leave the bike
You wont go wrong at that price either
Frank

I've just got one of the £185 ones from GPSW, already had one, but this way I get all the euro coverage I'll ever need + the UK at my disposal and with the added bonus of a mate being able to use it when we're touring Scotland later this year. I was tempted by the Zumo or 2820 but at £300+ more expensive the Yorkshireman in me won!

Back
Top Bottom