bluepassat

Hi All

Which radio would you choose? I have the Autocom system kit 200

Autocom seem to favor Kenwood, and it waterproof

Icom F22SR

Icom F25SR

Kenwood TK3201 T2

Regards

I and most of my mates (yep, I do have some) use the kenwood. I have the 3207 which isn't available to buy over here (ebay) that has up to a 5 mile radius compared to the normal 2 miles

I and most of my mates (yep, I do have some) use the kenwood. I have the 3207 which isn't available to buy over here (ebay) that has up to a 5 mile radius compared to the normal 2 miles

Ok but I thought Icom F22sr & F25sr and Kenwood Tk3201 would only work with their system???

What radios will work with the Autocom system?

regards

most radios will work with autocom, it's the connector leads that are the problem. All kenwoods use the same connector (pilot jack) The TK3207 is the same as there 3202 that you can buy over here the only difference is the option to switch between low and high power(2 miles or 5)
My brother uses an Alan radio that uses the motorola single pin

A Wintek from Intaride is the best bet, you can increase the radio power (strictly illegeal but useful) and it's loads better than the Kenwood and cheaper and the interface cable can be had from Autocom.

Kenwood TK3207

It just so happens I have a spare virtually unused TK3207 with battery, charger and battery replacement gubbins (to run it directly off the bikes 12 volts instead of using the battery)
£20 plus postage if you are interested.
Cheers
Ray

It just so happens I have a spare virtually unused TK3207 with battery, charger and battery replacement gubbins (to run it directly off the bikes 12 volts instead of using the battery)
£20 plus postage if you are interested.
Cheers
Ray

Hi Ray I am interested in buying as i WAS going to buy a new Icom F22sr/25sr or Kenwood TK3210 on Tuesday next week

Do you know if it can be easily programmed for use with an Icom F22sr cause my friend has one

Regards

Martin

The Kenwood will give you better sound quality, speed rating and a better distance between the bikes but it can NOT be bike powered like some people are saying on here.

or if you can not afford the Kenwood you could run the cheaper Motorola T5622 at £90 a pair.

Rich

The Kenwood will give you better sound quality, speed rating and a better distance between the bikes but it can NOT be bike powered like some people are saying on here.

or if you can not afford the Kenwood you could run the cheaper Motorola T5622 at £90 a pair.

Rich

Thanks Rich for the info i must admit i am finding it hard to find the Icom F22/25SR unit at a reasonable price and availability but have found the Kenwood in stock and a lot cheaper (Kenwood it is then)

I did read my handbook and found there was no mention of powering the radio unit from the bike but kit 300 will

I have tried Motorola TA200 but found the quality poor.

Regards

Martin

A Wintek from Intaride is the best bet, you can increase the radio power (strictly illegeal but useful) and it's loads better than the Kenwood and cheaper and the interface cable can be had from Autocom.

Too right AND it can be powered from the bike and be fitted with an external antenna.

the Wintecs can be used but not powered from the bike! TBH the Kenwood will be a better performer.

The Icom F25SR's are new units but Im sure the prices will drop down in time

the Wintecs can be used but not powered from the bike!

Absolute bollox but not really surprising considering you are a competitor of Intaride!
The radio in question has a 12v thing that takes the place of the radio battery and connects directly to any 12v source!
I know because I have one!

I think there may be some confusion here about powering radios from the bike. The wintec cannot be powered though the autocom unit like some other radios (those supplied by autocom) but they can easily be supplied through a seperate 12V supply using a battery eliminator (supplied with the radio)

The Wintec is a very good bit of kit, works well with Autocom kit200 (Active Plus) or Smart 7 and Autocom will supply the leads to connect it. It will give much better range than the ICOM & Kenwood if you (illegaly) unlock it and increase the powere output.

As far as I know, the only supplier of Wintecs in the UK is Intaride. The wintec will usually work over about 4 miles but it depends on the location, buildings etc. Keep the aerial upright for max range.

Of all the riders I know the combination that works best is autocom and Wintec.

Back
Top Bottom